Randy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
superduty

superduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used Raptor with 5K miles and a driveshaft replacement, is this reason to throw up a red flag?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Used Raptor with 5K miles and a driveshaft replacement, is this reason to throw up a red flag?

Not at all.

MANY 2011 Raps experienced a "clunk" sensation at low speeds in the driveshaft. This proved to be a factory defect and tons of 2011 Raps had the driveshaft replaced under warranty. The new driveshafts have been working out properly. One of my best friends has a 2011 that had it replaced about 6 months ago and everything is just fine now, both on and off road.

Ironically, a used 2011 WITHOUT a driveshaft replacement would be more of a red flag to me than one that DID have it replaced.

If you do a site search here with the keyword "clunk" you'll find a ton of info about it from other FRF members.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Maybe but they did replace most of the early model 2011s due to the CLUNK issue. I think that might be what is referred to as replaced.

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not at all.

MANY 2011 Raps experienced a "clunk" sensation at low speeds in the driveshaft. This proved to be a factory defect and tons of 2011 Raps had the driveshaft replaced under warranty. The new ones have been working out great.

You beat me to it!:waytogo: