New to Forum and the Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

This looks like a great site to learn about the Raptor...

I just bought 9 acres in the North, GA mountains... this land is literally adjacent to a US National Forest (old squatter's land, fella died, and I now bought it). Land like this doesn't come up for sale very often if at all...

The property is on a major river and the river needs to be crossed 3 times to get to the land, When we went to see this property, I messed up my wife's Infiniti QX56's front end alignment (lots of rocks and the river is 20" deep when its not raining)... So, I'm trading my 2009 Porsche Carrera in on a 2011 Raptor (Silver, supposedly loaded, $49,050). I literally drive less than 4000 miles a year on my daily driver, so I'm likely going to do a 24 month lease.

I was looking at 2011 Jeep Rubicon, used Hummers... then I saw the Ford Raptor! WOW! This is one incredible Truck!

-------------

Couple questions... the Raptor is wider than an H1 Hummer, I saw the length and track of the vehicle, but nothing about height...

Will a stock Raptor fit into a normal garage?

What are some of the quick mods most of you are doing?

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the Raptor comes in Gas or Diesel, right? Any advantage of one over the other?

I'm looking at some Raptors in Atlanta this weekend... might come home with a new 2011 one.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! If you've got a "standard" 7' garage it will fit height wise. Comes only in gas with the 411hp 6.2L V8

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Welcome Mark! Yes, there's a ton of information on here.

You shouldn't have a problem crossing the puddles in your property in this thing - but it is a little tight on the narrow trails.

I measured my height at 78.5", which keeps mine outta the garage, and most parking garages in town...

Check out the mods section on the forum - there's a ton out there depending on what your spending preference is. Myself, I'm working on making the engine breathe a little better - exhaust and CAI. Further down the road I will lift it

Raptors don't come in diesel (yet, that I know of). The first editions had a 5.4L and now all you can get is a 6.2L. The 6.2 has tons of balls to get you where you need to go.

Good luck on finding one to bring home - once you test drive one, you'll likely be hooked like the rest of us here :)

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They're only an inch NARROWER (thanks, OneArmedViolinist) than an H1 Hummer. Height is 78 inches and mirror to mirror -- we're the same exact width of a "normal" F-150. We are just wider in the hips.

Quick mods for me are listed in the sig, to include window tint, exhaust and the shox perch mod.

Welcome and get some pics crossing the river. That's an awesome piece of land!

Last edited:

OneArmedViolinist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're only an inch wider than an H1 Hummer. Height is 78 inches and mirror to mirror -- we're the same exact width of a "normal" F-150. We are just wider in the hips.

Quick mods for me are listed in the sig, to include window tint, exhaust and the shox perch mod.

Welcome and get some pics crossing the river. That's an awesome piece of land!

lol dunce...... the Raptor is 1" less then an H1's width! Get your facts straight......:big_banana_Dance:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine is an inch wider. Just like my *****! Bwahahahah!

Yeah, I messed that one up. I was typing really fast and thinking about ****. My bad.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Welcome!
You drive less then 4k/yr wow.
You must work from home I take it.
Cool last name by the way, Ducati on here should get a kick out of it.
Just actually checked out a Ducati Diavel tonight, sweet bike.