Missing securicode card and uneven body panel gap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcxzbnm

Reaction score
Picked up my blue scab and looking at the front of the hood, noticed gap between the hood and the body panels to the side were uneven. The passenger side gap is narrower and wider toward the top of the vehicle. The driver side gap is wide enough that tip of my pinky almost fits in between. On top of that, they don't have the securicode card and it wasn't in the manual packet.

Anybody else have any of these issues?

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome:

I don't seem to have either of those issues.... The only thing I've found slightly uneven (like MANY Raptor owners have) are the gaps between the headlights and the grille.

What about the rest of you guys?

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up my blue scab and looking at the front of the hood, noticed gap between the hood and the body panels to the side were uneven. The passenger side gap is narrower and wider toward the top of the vehicle. The driver side gap is wide enough that tip of my pinky almost fits in between. On top of that, they don't have the securicode card and it wasn't in the manual packet.

Anybody else have any of these issues?

The door code card is shipped seperate in the glove box, in it's own plaatic bag. The manual comes in sealed plastic, and 2-3 extra info books are thrown in truck with differant options. ie (nav, tire) Also you will find your Lic Plate screws in a plastic bag in glove box. If your card is not there, your dealer removed it while they were doing PDI and customer clean up for delivery.

The hood gap will be fixed under warr, just log complaint with service Mngr.

randy

OP
OP
V

vcxzbnm

Reaction score
thanks

harley, you were right. Thanks! I don't know why the dealer ship wasn't able to tell me where the securicode card was.

OP
OP
V

vcxzbnm

Reaction score
:welcome:

I don't seem to have either of those issues.... The only thing I've found slightly uneven (like MANY Raptor owners have) are the gaps between the headlights and the grille.

What about the rest of you guys?

My gaps are uneven all the way down to the edge of the grill

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
My gaps are uneven all the way down to the edge of the grill

Is this just a hood alignment issue, or does the problem looks like it's with the fenders themselves. There are always the two threaded plastic/rubber hood fitment adjusters on the radiator core support (assume the Raptor has these, but I've never looked). Been a while since I had to adjust these on a vehicle, but IIRC a little turn goes a long way.

OP
OP
V

vcxzbnm

Reaction score
Is this just a hood alignment issue, or does the problem looks like it's with the fenders themselves. There are always the two threaded plastic/rubber hood fitment adjusters on the radiator core support (assume the Raptor has these, but I've never looked). Been a while since I had to adjust these on a vehicle, but IIRC a little turn goes a long way.

I adjusted them and the gap between the panels don't change. The gap between the grill and the lights is significantly different in size. They said they'll take a look when I go pick up my plates.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
The door code card is shipped seperate in the glove box, in it's own plaatic bag. The manual comes in sealed plastic, and 2-3 extra info books are thrown in truck with differant options. ie (nav, tire) Also you will find your Lic Plate screws in a plastic bag in glove box. If your card is not there, your dealer removed it while they were doing PDI and customer clean up for delivery.

The hood gap will be fixed under warr, just log complaint with service Mngr.

randy

Randy, you are a stud.!!