Hello Folks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys, i dont have a Raptor, but i want one very very bad.... already asked a few questions and told cuz of the quake and tsunami black and soon red are out of the question for color, which is fine cuz i like the orange, and i have to order one anyway. one question i couldnt get answered that maybe someone here can, i know new models usually come out late spring... is a 2012 model Raptor comming soon?

and for mods, what completly piqued my interest in the Raptor was the Top Gear USA review and the Hennesey mods for about $7k. being in Chicago not much sand i can play on, so i thought if i do get my Raptor, maybe a nice looong road trip would be in order, heading down to Texas to Hennesey for upgrades playing along the way, get my mods, then a road trip to Vegas where i do have some friends (playing on the way) and then back home. this may just be a pipe dream of mine and acknowledge that, but its something i would like to do. or am i better off handing it over to my brother in law who is a great mechanic, and then just take a road trip to Vegas?

and one last secondary question, totally not a deal breaker just info for my part. how high do the Raptors sit? i have a 99 F-250 4WD (non SD) that is about 2 inches too tall to fit in my garage. its guilt into the house and has a down driveway into it, but i know an 89 (i think) eddie baur bronco fit and a 78 blazer just barely fit.... but my truck wont. i dont have dimensions on the height of my truck, if need be i can check, i wanna say my garage height is like 6'6", as im just under 6 foot and theres definatly not a foot of room over my head... and being the driveway is sloped into the doorway....

and im gonna apologise if this sounds incohernt or too rambling, i am a bit drunk and just found this place, but i do hope to be ordering my Raptor soon, and welcome any input you fine folks might have! and feel free to make jokes about the drunk guy! :waytogo:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No apologies necessary...pretty sure most of the members here are accustomed too drunken rambling every now and then. Safe to say you found the right group of dudes to rap out with! :)

In regards to the truck height, 6'6" is going to be pretty unachievable i think. I've never measured the stock height but would imagine they sit just at 7' give or take.

:welcome: to FRF!

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome JuggNuttz, the Top Gear episode actually featured two Hennessey VelociRaptors. The VR 475 was driven by Tanner Foust on the dirt course, while the more powerful VR 600 was driven by The Stig on the test track. Coincidentally, a member here named Scottysspeedshop bought the VR 600 used on the show and it is currently at Addictive Desert Designs getting suspension, bumpers, lighting, and more before it takes a trip up North to Autowerks for a custom interior. ADD and Autowerks are both site vendors here and you can find more info on them via the sidebar or the forum index here.

OP
OP
JuggNuttz

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! and youll get used to drunken posts by me, that the norm hehe.

Thanks for the info, the no orange tho makes me a sad panda..... guess i better get on that. Yeah i dont think it will fit in my garage.... sucks but not like i can do much about that. as for mods most likley i'll just do an intake and exhaust upgrade and make it sound meaner!

I'll keep you guys updated when i get my order in and everything and then post pics when i get it dirty!