Getting ready for winter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Steel cable

Honestly dude, I wouldn't touch that cinch bone with a 10ft pole... looks like nothing more than a projectile... Using tow straps is a lot more serious than people think. One thing to come loose and that thing turns into a lethal projectile. The driver of this truck died because they used a shackle to link two straps together. One strap broke and sent the shackle through the cab striking the driver in the head. All metal involved in tow straps should be connected to the frame/tow package (NO bumpers).

CIMG0838.JPG

CIMG0841.JPG

The cinch bone has a stainless steel cable that attaches it to the loop on the end of the tow strap and it's made of aluminum and it's hollow so there is not that much weight to it unlike a steel shackle!

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
I don't care how light it is, @100+mph its going to do damage. Being attached to the strap doesn't help anything, in fact it makes it worse. If the strap lets loose its being flung no matter what. If its metal, it needs to be connected to SOLID metal on either vehicle. Period. Please don't learn the hard way...

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To get back on topic, I sure an ready to get some cold weather. This 100+ crap is getting old. Not sayin I have to have snow or anything. 40's when I wake up and 50s during the day would be great for now.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since winter in Chicago can start in September, I started getting my pack together and figured I would take a pic for this thread. :peace:

These items will cover your winter needs:

Recovery Straps, Shovel, Axe, Heavy Duty gloves, flares, Vice-Grips, First Aid, Ice scraper, Light.

001-19.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mprice1234

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Since winter in Chicago can start in September, I started getting my pack together and figured I would take a pic for this thread. :peace:

These items will cover your winter needs:

Recovery Straps, Shovel, Axe, Heavy Duty gloves, flares, Vice-Grips, First Aid, Ice scraper, Light.

001-19.jpg

That's a real nice set up for a Chicago winter, I used to live there and even though Colorado winters can be bad there nothing like a Chicago winter! It's better to have more than you need and have it before you need it!:waytogo: