DVD's in the rear head rest

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to get some DVD screens in the rear head rest for my kids... where does the dvd player go?

Is it a headliner unit? Or do you swap out the CD player in the console for a DVD player?

Chrisandalex1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to get some DVD screens in the rear head rest for my kids... where does the dvd player go?

Is it a headliner unit? Or do you swap out the CD player in the console for a DVD player?

Hi Mark,

Go check out the Vizualogic A-1285 system.. They are awesome, and you just replace your headrest with theirs. They also match the interior on the Raptor for you.

A-1285 Headrest Monitor

VizualogicHeadrestDVD.jpg

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Your Ford dealer sells a set of headrest DVDs that are a little pricey but they match the existing seats. They have two units. One has a DVD in one side and the same video plays on both screens. The other one, and slightly more expensive, has DVD players in both and you can play two DVDs at the same time or play video from one to the other. The DVD player is in the headrest. You basically provide power and everything is self contained. THey come with IR headphones.

This is what I have in my Raptor and my kids love it. Especially since they can play their own movie on their screen.

SeaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your Ford dealer sells a set of headrest DVDs that are a little pricey but they match the existing seats. They have two units. One has a DVD in one side and the same video plays on both screens. The other one, and slightly more expensive, has DVD players in both and you can play two DVDs at the same time or play video from one to the other. The DVD player is in the headrest. You basically provide power and everything is self contained. THey come with IR headphones.

This is what I have in my Raptor and my kids love it. Especially since they can play their own movie on their screen.

Do you have pics of this set-up?

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just FYI- it is available in 7" or 9" screens....I would hate for a Raptor owner to accidently buy a smaller anything.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Here is the only pic that I have now. If you go to the Ford accessories website, you can do a search for VBL3Z-10E947-GA. This is the Invision DVD headrests for F150 Raptor with same color cover and stitching as the factory seats. They look exactly like factory headrests, but with DVD. This is the version with dual DVD players.

Let me know if you want better pics and I can take them tomorrow.

Attachments

• headrests.jpg
    headrests.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 928

carbuilder

Reaction score
Here is the only pic that I have now. If you go to the Ford accessories website, you can do a search for VBL3Z-10E947-GA. This is the Invision DVD headrests for F150 Raptor with same color cover and stitching as the factory seats. They look exactly like factory headrests, but with DVD. This is the version with dual DVD players.

cool! how much does a DVD screen costs? I want one in the center and where's the best place to get one?

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
Cost depends on size of screen and also if the DVD player is integrated into the screen or separate. I put one of these in my 2006 F350 and found a mounting frame that allowed it to be mounted solid to the dome light. It did not have the DVD player inside and was wired to my aftermarket radio with DVD player.

I like the headrest versions because there is no chance it will come loose during off-roading. Also nice because each of my kids has their own screen and it is right in front of them. The ones from Ford look exactly as if it was stock from the factory.

enjkuck

Reaction score

These are the ones I had installed in my Raptor and they were about $1650 installed.