Disable seatbelt alarm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to disable the annoying seatbelt alarm? I know I should wear it all the time, but there are times when I choose not to. My F250 had a crazy procedure in the manual that disabled it. Do we have a way?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the manual. Probably the same way. Includes click and unclicking several times and waiting and doing it again

OP
OP
PEZ

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I found it in the manual. Others can find it as well. Search for "belt minder" in the index.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Even doing the procedures does not totally get rid of the annoying reminder. Especially if you're are using a remote start. My still dings 3Xs after doing the owner's manual procedures. PITA

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its in the manual as stated above, but I basically detailed how to do it in post #10 of this thread:
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f45/seat-belt-whats-ford-part-i-want-turn-chime-off-2655/

Just did mine. I slow cruise the job site a lot of the day in my truck and other superintendents are constantly hopping in and out of shotgun... The seatbelt chimes were driving me nuts! For those of you too lazy to open up the manual to page 181, here's how you disable the BeltMinder chime:

-------------------------------

Before following procedure make sure that:
-parking brake is set
-gearshift is in park
-the ignition is in off position
-the driver and front passenger safety belts are unbuckled

1. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (do NOT start the engine)

2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (approximately one minute)

STEP 3 MUST BE COMPLETED WITHIN 30 SECONDS AFTER SAFETY BELT WARNING LIGHT TURNS OFF

3. For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending in the unbuckled state

(after step 3, the restraint system warning light (airbag light) will be turned on for 3 seconds)

4. Within approximately 7 seconds of the light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.

This will disable the BeltMinder feature for that seating position. As confirmation, the restraint system (seatbelt) warning light will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds.

-------------------------------

At this point, you're golden. Do the same thing on the other side and then your seatbelt-chime-woes are a thing of the past. The serenity of silence is well worth the short time this process takes.

You can re-enable the seatbelt chime at any time by repeating this process.

As stated above, this process is a better alternative to putting a dummy latchplate into the buckle to avoid the chime, because using a dummy latchplate may adversely affect your airbag system.

****FordRaptorForum.com, it's staff members, and affiliates do not encourage you to operate your Raptor without wearing a seatbelt. This post is merely a how-to summary from the instruction manual; drivers/owners choosing to follow this procedure do so at their own risk. Please see manual (p. 181) for all applicable warnings and safety instructions.

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As an experienced accident reconstructionist I can tell you first hand, over and over, the benefits of wearing a seatbelt and I always do, when driving on the road. When on the (flat as a pancake) farm, hauling rocks out of the field, etc I like the disabled feature because the reminder is annoying when starting, stopping, entering and exiting the truck every five feet. Thanks for posting. :waytogo: