Contemplating a SCAB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also prefer the added strength (my perception...not factual) you get with the rear door configuration on the SCREW as opposed to the suicide doors with the SCAB. When I close the rear SCAB doors they seem too bouncy...likely from not having a pillar from roof to floor in that area. Anyone else feel that way?

Yes, absolutely. Plus, the longer SCrew wheelbase, I believe, tracks better at speed.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drove both and like the scab more. Both are sporty but the scab is more sporty. I haven't had a moment yet were I needed the screw. Have I had moments where the screw have been nice. Yeah. But needed no. I vote scab

This.

I went from a regular cab to the SCAB. Tons of room. Even with kids (my buddy has 3); we can tote everything around in the SCAB without issue.

SVT made the SCAB.

Marketing made the SCREW :ROFLJest:

Seriously, I drove both back to back on the same day. The crew is like driving a lifted Limo. I'd hire a driver just so I could ride in the back sometime. Might as well put a bedrug in it and a nice bedcap on it, make it look like an Expedition should have :)

For all around general use, the extended cab is great.

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also prefer the added strength (my perception...not factual) you get with the rear door configuration on the SCREW as opposed to the suicide doors with the SCAB. When I close the rear SCAB doors they seem too bouncy...likely from not having a pillar from roof to floor in that area. Anyone else feel that way?

Both designs look awesome and it's clearly a personal choice.

Agreed on both counts. The SCAB still has a 5-star crash rating, but if I could get a regular cab raptor, I would :birgits_tiredcoffee

sidram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scab in tux black is fastest! IMO the scab looks like what a Baja truck should. Screw is heaver also.

willis68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Screw all the way, more towing and a massive cab, I also think it looks much better than the Scab