Contemplating a SCAB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you carry 4 people 3+ times a week, I would get the scab. Its lighter, more maneuverable in parking lots. And it looks BADASS!

The Scab does have just the right amount of fender, cab and bed area. It really looks good with the wide stance and the big tires... I have to agree!!!

MORaptorMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get the whole if you have passengers get the Screw thing? I've had full grown adults ride in the back of my Scab many times with no complaints. Having owned a 2009 Screw and now the 2010 Scab, I can honestly say there hasn't been a single time I've wished I had the Screw. If you sell your Screw, buy my Scab! :)

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the "screw"ed up fans here. Never know when your going to need the room. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

mrpositraction

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also think the SCrew looks better (completely subjective clearly). I think the truck looks finished, the SCab to me looks like they ran out of material and just doesn't look right. Of course this is my opinion......

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think the Super Crew looks great! But for me it was more of a money thing. I don't need the extra room and wanted to keep it under $50,000 out the door and that just wasn't possible with the Crew. The thing I wish was larger is the fuel tank on the Super Cab.

superduty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a scab. It is my second vehicle so I'm pretty fortunate in that aspect as I have a Super Crew truck as my primary. I was suprised to see that there is more room in the back than I anticipated. Will it be enough in a time of need? Doubtful against a screw but there's my thoughts. Good luck!!

Bad company

Reaction score
I have the Supercab and love it. There is plenty of room in the back seat for medium length trips with adults even. Also got me out the door for less than $40k on a 2010.

Dunnbrother

Reaction score
I've always preferred the looks of the SCREW in the regular F-150s and my opinion hasn't changed with the Raptors.

I also prefer the added strength (my perception...not factual) you get with the rear door configuration on the SCREW as opposed to the suicide doors with the SCAB. When I close the rear SCAB doors they seem too bouncy...likely from not having a pillar from roof to floor in that area. Anyone else feel that way?

Both designs look awesome and it's clearly a personal choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free