Black or Molten Orange paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Got a question thats be bugging the hell out of me since i decided to go order my raptor in 2 - 3 months (gotta save some money for down payment). So here is my question. I'm for sure getting a 2011 loaded with the hood and side graphics and i was just wanting to get some feedback as to the color. Im torn between the molten orange and black. Which would you go with?

Last edited:

evilol

Reaction score
I had to have the orange inserts for mine so I was torn between the same colors. I went with the black because I ordered a screw and I think the molten orange would be too much on the larger body, and I'm looking for something a little more stealthy. I've also come to terms that I'll be using it as a truck and it'll be getting scratched up, so I didn't want the added premium. If I was younger and getting the scab, I would have gotten the molten orange for sure.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black. Graphics are not as cool as you would think on the black. While it is utterly functional to have the hood a flat black (I do), if I was to do it again I would make my own for the hood and save the cash on the graphics package. Unless you keep your truck nice and purty, you'll never notice the side graphics.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

What stinking graphics?
IMG_0087.jpg

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will also add this: It depends where you live. In Texas (or any place hot), a black truck sucks when it has been sitting in the sun. Here in TN, it is a lot cooler and I can get away with a black truck. My F350 towing rig is white for a reason. It does not burn the shit out of me when I touch it after it has been sitting in the sun.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My opinion - all black, no graphics. Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the molten orange especially the orange interior option. Blacks a bitch to keep clean but between those two colors I'd pick black every time.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My say is black. A bitching to keep clean but soooooo worth it. Best looking color when its clean. I didn't even consider orange. Saw it person and just couldn't do it.

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Molten Orange definitely, you won't be sorry. It was the flagship for the raptor and the one on most cover shots for mags, but hey I'm partial and it looks really good in my garage.......

100_0127.jpg