Best way to burnout......??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Dude I can burnout almost all of 1st gear with nothing disengaged

Simply with trac off and nothing else you can burnout all day long

The trick is doing it in a spin and it makes it incredibly easy

Do NOT engage the locker in my opinion

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude I can burnout almost all of 1st gear with nothing disengaged

Simply with trac off and nothing else you can burnout all day long

The trick is doing it in a spin and it makes it incredibly easy

Do NOT engage the locker in my opinion
Engaging the locker on dry pavement is never a good idea.

u sure you completely disengaged the traction? i'm able to burn out even with it on(a little)
I found it easier to do with the traction control off.

Ok turn off traction control.

Put car in 1 or 2 gear. Lightly put your foot on brake just enough so that it is engaged and you are not moving. Slowly press the gas an hold the brake enough so you are not moving but not killing the brake.
Keep applying the gas more and more until you start to burnout.

That's my way.
x2

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
First thing's first, don't put it in ORM! The throttle won't give you the helpful hit for doing the burnout. Hold down the brake and stomp on the gas.....with traction control just slightly off or with it all the way off, it's worked both ways for me. It helps if you're in 1st gear and there's no need to rev it to the moon. You can get a good spin going and ease off the brake to start moving forward while still spinning tire. No need to engage the rear locker either.

OP
OP
S

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard someone watching say " Your raptor is a bitch" So I gotta figure this out by next month.......I'll try it and see what I can do. Does everyone thats getting the truck to spin have a 2011? Reason asking is I think it has some kind of safety that overides the engine power when the brake is applied cause it won't do crap when I power brake.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I heard someone watching say " Your raptor is a bitch" So I gotta figure this out by next month.......I'll try it and see what I can do. Does everyone thats getting the truck to spin have a 2011? Reason asking is I think it has some kind of safety that overides the engine power when the brake is applied cause it won't do crap when I power brake.

I've got a 2010

Raptor62

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just tell them that Toyota made Ford to install brake over-ride systems on all cars and trucks due to their inability to engineer good cars. If they don't believe you, you can always give them one of :flipthebird: these.

OP
OP
S

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are making everything so friggin safe anymore they take some of the fun out of driving....sucks!

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
I've got a 2010... I'll try this brake/gas burnout tactic and get back at ya