AUX Switches - wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pirate! You are my hero!

I just emailed Hennessey... they emailed me back right away.

YES, they do sell the module... but, its only $199 :)

Just bought it, I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks,
Mark

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pirate! You are my hero!

I just emailed Hennessey... they emailed me back right away.

YES, they do sell the module... but, its only $199 :)

Just bought it, I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks,
Mark

Ahh good deal then! Keep us updated.

slimj78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it Slim!

How did you run the gray wire that connects the switch into the cabin and and then under the AUX pannel?

Second question, My Cutout isn't here yet, but how did you get power to the motor? Directly to the battery?

I tapped into the cigarette lighter power directly above it then ran the wires out behind the glove box and out through the passenger side firewall. If u pop the hood their is a rubber boot pass through on the firewall where the aux switch wires along wth a bunch of others come through. I fed a clothes hanger through the boot from under hood to behind glove box, hooked the wire to it n fished it through.

SCelebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the easiest way to get power off the cig lighter? Not sure how to get to the back side of it to get access to the wires. Dont want to pull off unnecessary pieces to get to it. I've got the shifter surround and base plate off but still cant get access.

Thanks!
Jeff

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EXACTLY!

The 8 wires behind the glovebox are like this:

4 wires from the switches. 4 wires from the engine bay.

From Engine Bay to Glovebox:

Red (thick)
Blue (thick)
Green (thick)
Purple (thick)

From AUX panel to Glovebox:

Yellow (thick)
Green/Brown Stripe (thick)
Brown (thin)
Green/Violet Stripe (thin)

In Engine Bay:

Red (thick)
Blue (thick)
Green (thick)
Purple (thick)

-----

OK. Just think of it like this. The Red, Blue, Green and Purple wires are merely "laying around". They run from the engine bay (where you see them in your picture) to behind the glovebox. They're dead. They're as good as 4 wires just left over extra from the factory.

Imagine that YOU installed the AUX panel with the 4 switches. You have 4 leads coming off of the bottom of the switch panel. You fished them though the dash and now they're behind the glovebox, too. Connect them to make ONE LONG WIRE that terminates in the engine bay! :)

I guess you could think of the 4 thick wires (Red, Blue, Green and Purple) as "jumper wires", or "extensions" of the 4 coming from the AUX panel (Yellow, Green/Brown, Brown and Green/Violet). Once you connect the two ends of each of the wire PAIR that you want behind the glovebox, you'll have one live continuious wire from the AUX panel, into the engine bay.

It really is THAT SIMPLE! Just remember to connect your GROUND WIRE [black] to someplace in the engine bay.

For the rest of the AUX switches, I went like this:

Blue + Green/Brown = AUX 2 (20" LED)
Green + Green/Violet = AUX 3 (White Dually pair)
Purple + Brown = AUX 4 (Amber Dually pair)

You can feel free to connect them behind the dash (and I recommend it since they're a pain in the ass, since you're down there already) with no worries. They're terminated and weather sealed in the engine bay.

Honestly, that's what I did. It's behind the glovebox, not like it's getting wet or nasty. If it's good enough for a ceiling fan rotating at whatever RPM, it's good enough for a smooth-riding truck.

Yes. I actually used an already existing ground that Ford used for something on the truck. Look inside the engine bay, passenger side and you'll see a silver bolt going into the fenderwell. You'll see (I think) a clump of wires terminating there. I simply backed that bolt out, got some weatherproof eyelet wire tap ends and slid them over the bolt and then re-attached the bolt. I can go get a picture if you like, of where my ground is.

Excellant post. So brown to purple it is for aux 4

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Excellant post. So brown to purple it is for aux 4

Thanks.

As I said before, you can wire them any way you want, but being that some are of a thicker gauge than others, that's how I would recommend them. It's just how I did it.

Crawdad

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, but need a little help with final connection on an aux 1 fox/spot light kit I just installed

I have the ground, the red should go to the thick red coming out of the factory loom as mentioned above on the passenger side just under the AC lines.

I am trying to figure out which wire the blue would go to to switch off of the aux 1 switch. I believe that the lines coming from Aux 1 are green with purple stripe and grey with brown stripe. I see a loop of these colors just under the red wire, can I attach there?

Please advise