Asking price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love when people say that. It's so...helpful!

Just because you got a ridiculously great deal doesn't mean your purchase price is valid since it's obviously an outlier (outlier: A value that "lies outside" - is much smaller or larger than - most of the other values in a set of data).

What exactly is your malfunction? Comprehension problems? My purchase price was nothing but an arbitrary number of MY specific purchase. Which was indicated in my opening paragraph.
If you choose to disagree with my opinion of how used vehicle value is ascertained your wrong. Ask any used car dealer. Auctions and used car dealers drive the value guides that are specific to regions in the country.
My opinion regarding NOT putting a number is is actually a bigger favor than all you arm chair QB's.
The bottom line is if you want to maximize your profit, do the research yourself of what the specific market value is. Giving the op numbers from bum fuch where ever mean nothing to them unless you live in the same town. Your not doing them any favors generous one.
Understand yet? Not likely. Carry on sheep herder.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
What exactly is your malfunction? Comprehension problems? My purchase price was nothing but an arbitrary number of MY specific purchase. Which was indicated in my opening paragraph.
If you choose to disagree with my opinion of how used vehicle value is ascertained your wrong. Ask any used car dealer. Auctions and used car dealers drive the value guides that are specific to regions in the country.
My opinion regarding NOT putting a number is is actually a bigger favor than all you arm chair QB's.
The bottom line is if you want to maximize your profit, do the research yourself of what the specific market value is. Giving the op numbers from bum fuch where ever mean nothing to them unless you live in the same town. Your not doing them any favors generous one.
Understand yet? Not likely. Carry on sheep herder.

Now I don't care who you are, that's funny.:rotflmao:

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The heated debate is always bound to rise when someone wants a number.
The bottom line is it's worth what someone that wants what you have wants to pay.
Specifics are to your area. What others have SOLD for in the last couple of months. Factoring in age,condition,miles,options and how motivated you are to sell it.
I bought my 11 SCAB in 10/11 from the original selling dealer in Cinci Ohio used with 2700 miles on it. I was able to speak with the long time dealer customer that bought it. It was garaged it's only winter on the road, was used to haul plants and bushes for the yard. It still smelled new and wasn't broken in yet. Options listed, I paid 30k shipped to me. It's never a good idea to ask others what is a good price to put on your vehicle. Good luck.

30k, I hope I can find a deal like this. Thats awesome.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You paid 30k for a 2011 raptor with only 2700 mi on it, dam who'd you sleep with to get that deal? Sell it for enough to at least cover your loan and then sum.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Took me about six months of an hour or so a day searching to find it. No loan. It took a couple more months to find that Silverado in Indianapolis in 2006. Flew out and drove that home. All stock with all options, 4k miles. Owned by a Chevy plant worker in Ft. Wayne. Paid 19 out the door for that.
Sorry for the off topic gibb.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me about six months of an hour or so a day searching to find it. No loan. It took a couple more months to find that Silverado in Indianapolis in 2006. Flew out and drove that home. All stock with all options, 4k miles. Owned by a Chevy plant worker in Ft. Wayne. Paid 19 out the door for that.
Sorry for the off topic gibb.

Whats sites do you use. I've been on cars, autotrader, and cargurus daily. Any others I should be looking for?

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Autotrader.com is where I found both trucks. Like I said,it could take awhile. But patience and perserverance are two allies that I live by. Obviously the more you read the better the chances. Luck pays a part as well because you have to be the first one on a new ad and be prepared to act on the spot. I also learned that the hard way by having hesitated and lost. Good luck,and head down and ass up.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I need to correct my boneheaded error here. While I've been juggling bowling balls and hand grenades for the last couple weeks I should've committed more attention to my writing.
I wish I paid 30k for my truck. I paid FORTY out the door and freighted to me from Ohio. While this was/is still a great deal,it sure in hell isn't the fantasy I said earlier. I apologize if this has bummed anyone out,burst their bubble or pissed them off.
It sucks getting older. lol......And no, I'm not 46. It's the only thing I lie about. lol.....(take all my post's from the last week with a grain of salt,and a great deal of suspicion)

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

I'm surprised someone didn't call ******** on me. lol