500 miles, first impresions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
first, love the truck and way different then my 07 Dodge, Raptor has gobs of power and drives small, handling is great and very little road noise tires and all. Screw has a large back seat, and my son digs the room. Ford did a nice job with the interior and so far all the gadgets work, rear camera is great as well as manuel shift.
Gas mileage is 11.7 so far and I expect that to get better (Dodge was 10 so I am ahead)
only concern so far is the rear clunking or axle wrap when starting from a stop?
need some driving lights (leave for work early)..........
and curious why Ford didnt use wheel liners in the back? would like to see that covered.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
first, love the truck and way different then my 07 Dodge, Raptor has gobs of power and drives small, handling is great and very little road noise tires and all. Screw has a large back seat, and my son digs the room. Ford did a nice job with the interior and so far all the gadgets work, rear camera is great as well as manuel shift.
Gas mileage is 11.7 so far and I expect that to get better (Dodge was 10 so I am ahead)
only concern so far is the rear clunking or axle wrap when starting from a stop?
need some driving lights (leave for work early)..........
and curious why Ford didnt use wheel liners in the back? would like to see that covered.

My F350 does not have wheel well liners either. As to why, I would guess because the travel would rip them to shreds.

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Reaction score
doubtful they would get torn off from travel? my Dodge didnt have them, BUT they where a option from the dealer. Great for keeping the dirt off the underside, I am considering having that LINEX'd? all the painted would be black Linex

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
doubtful they would get torn off from travel?

Actually one of my front fenderwell-plastic-liners is currently partially torn from bucking in some whoops and/or landing a jump. My General Grabbers are slightly larger than the stock BFG's, apparently the difference in size is enough to make it rub when fully compressed.

I tucked the plastic behind the fender as a temporary hold and I have a new liner on order

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
doubtful they would get torn off from travel? my Dodge didnt have them, BUT they where a option from the dealer. Great for keeping the dirt off the underside, I am considering having that LINEX'd? all the painted would be black Linex

I think I'm going to do the same when I have the bed Line X'd. I don't like how the front fenderwell is all black but the rear is painted. It looks funny on anything other than a black truck.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I went with truck bed paint on my '04 Sierra, fixed the problem, cost $10, and didn't chip over 2 years.

My only concern for Line-X in there would be dirt build up. As much as I otherwise love the stuff, Line-X's texture isn't the best in that regard. Already had to buy a wheel brush to clean the dirt buildup out of the running boards, and it seems its way too soft. Need to go by target and try a toilet/floor scrubbing brush...don't think I'm going to scratch them.

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
I went with truck bed paint on my '04 Sierra, fixed the problem, cost $10, and didn't chip over 2 years.

My only concern for Line-X in there would be dirt build up. As much as I otherwise love the stuff, Line-X's texture isn't the best in that regard. Already had to buy a wheel brush to clean the dirt buildup out of the running boards, and it seems its way too soft. Need to go by target and try a toilet/floor scrubbing brush...don't think I'm going to scratch them.

Maybe I'll go that route instead but I'm more worried about it getting chipped up and looking bad after awhile.

IRONMAN

Reaction score

I use a hard bristle srub brush and sometimes the stuff still doesn't want to come out. 3X4 brush with handle.

OP
OP
warrior

warrior

Reaction score
update, had the dealer check the rear clunk, lubed the rear pinion and presto NO clunk.