2011 SCREW, Pleased with MPG's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just made a 200 mile trip yesterday for a continuing education class SE of Atlanta (almost to Augusta).

I daily drive 4 miles to work and then 4 miles back home four days a week... 16 miles per week for work, groceries, soccer practice, take out food, etc.. I literally put less than 5000 miles a year on my daily driver.

But that 8 mile commute to work every day with miscellaneous driving around town, I average about 8.2 MPG's.

So, driving on the highway for an extended period for the first time... I was surprised that I was averaging 15-16 MPG's :) I also filled up with 93.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Jesus I wish I were in the same boat

I daily drive 60+ miles a day

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between city and highway driving I am averaging 14.5mpg with the 5 Star tune, LTH's and CAI.

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not too bad.... i tried to research this topic over at the other place and it looked like the wrong question to discuss. yeah i understand if you can afford a raptor, you can afford the gas, but it is a topic of concern! id be happy for a solid 12.5-15 just like my old 5.4L got....

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
Not too bad.... i tried to research this topic over at the other place and it looked like the wrong question to discuss. yeah i understand if you can afford a raptor, you can afford the gas, but it is a topic of concern! id be happy for a solid 12.5-15 just like my old 5.4L got....

that you can afford a Raptor you can afford the gas is getting old !! spending your hard earned $$ on gas sucks !! throw 100$ in the tank for what? out the exhaust.....

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that you can afford a Raptor you can afford the gas is getting old !! spending your hard earned $$ on gas sucks !! throw 100$ in the tank for what? out the exhaust.....

Amen... That is all I ever hear a bunch of places.. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I have to like the price of gas to fill it up.. Most of the driving I do is 70 and under for the most part on very flat terrain here in the plains. I'd enjoy a solid 13-14mpg but I am already accustomed to 9-11mpg thanks to big red. I picked up a used edge sport if it gets too bad, but I enjoy driving my trucks much more!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since mid-Feb, and have almost 9,000 miles on it. Thats 3,000 miles per month.

Before the 5star 87 eco tune, I would see 9-10 tank avg (city/hwy). Since the 5 star (no intake) I see a tank avg of 12.0. A recent 150+ one way trip (20+ mph tail wind), flat (south Texas) I saw 15.0. Same road on the way back (into wind, same day) I did 11.8mpg.

In the city with the tune, its about 12.0 mpg.

Its not the "if you cant afford the gas, you can't afford a Raptor" argument, 87 octane is $3.80/gal, Its $135+ per tank, at LEAST twice a week... about ~$1,000/month for fuel.

Anyone else spending that? lol

if I would have bought another F250 for the same price I would be seeing 20mpg.

nodak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iv had mine since the en of Jan and have 9700 mies on it. my computer says i have used something like 790 gallons total. (never reset the trip computer). so thats like $3000 some total. about 1000 a month not quite. i have the Scab so it doesnt quite cost me as much to fill, $100 some to fill up. gas is spendy in socal

linexsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amen... That is all I ever hear a bunch of places.. Just because I can afford it doesn't mean I have to like the price of gas to fill it up.. Most of the driving I do is 70 and under for the most part on very flat terrain here in the plains. I'd enjoy a solid 13-14mpg but I am already accustomed to 9-11mpg thanks to big red. I picked up a used edge sport if it gets too bad, but I enjoy driving my trucks much more!

ive driven an edge sport for a period of time. the 3.7 with the 22s will drink some gas compared to the 3.5 on 20s. id love to have an edge sport with some lighter 20s on it, i bet it would HAUL!

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive driven an edge sport for a period of time. the 3.7 with the 22s will drink some gas compared to the 3.5 on 20s. id love to have an edge sport with some lighter 20s on it, i bet it would HAUL!

Thankfully the previous owner swapped out the 22's for the new 2011 18's or 20's, I can't recall. I didn't look forward to Buying tires for 22" rims.. It's bad enough buying 38's for 20" rims on my current truck @550 a piece.. another plus for the raptor, cheaper tires! ...lol