2011 Headlight Bulb Replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I didn't want them to be too bright for oncoming traffic. These are already a ton of light. So far no issues with them. They are warrantied for life I think too

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
I swapped out the stock bulbs with PIAA Xtreme White Plus. The difference was noticeable but not a huge improvement. Will be getting some Rigid fogs soon to supplement the not-so-great headlights.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Replaced mine soon after I bought the truck with Phillips X-treme Power Headlamps based on BigJ's recommendation and they made for a substantial improvement over OEM bulbs.:favorites25:

raptor2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I was to swap out the bulbs on my 2012 Raptor with the Philips x-treme what exactly would I need. how many bulbs and which ones. my stock lights are horrible.

RajunCajun37

Banned
Reaction score
if I was to swap out the bulbs on my 2012 Raptor with the Philips x-treme what exactly would I need. how many bulbs and which ones. my stock lights are horrible.

I got these and I like them

OEM bulbs are horrible and dangerous IMO
Phillips is just bright enough to keep me happy and safe

sylvanna silver stars or WHAT EVER is sum junk
OSRAM bulbs are good but can't touch PHILIPS
PIAA and that other off road company makes CHEAP JUNK

either get PHILIPS EXTREME VISION 100's or do LED or HID. 100's or nothing

Coop77InTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not looking to HID swap my front headlight assemblies...

But I prefer the "whiter" look... 0n my 2009 Z06, they do have HID's, but I replaced the bulbs with an even "whiter" bulb.... I think they were called "Sylvania Silver or White Stars"?

My point is.... other than going HID, have any of you swapped out the bulbs on your Raptor yet for something with a whiter type light? IIRC, the single bulb houses both the low beam and high beam bulb somehow...

If you replaced your bulb... do you have any before/after pics?

Brand/Part #?

I tried 3 or 4 different "ultra white" or silver star type lights and was never happy until HID's

Coop77InTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What're you trying to sell?

Not sure what you mean... Just saying that I too had wanted a direct halogen swap, but never felt like I could see until I put an hid kit in. Even then, it took my a couple to find a good/dependable set.

Status
Not open for further replies.