Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - Member's Area > Other Vehicles
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Other Vehicles

After selling the Raptor...

This is a discussion on After selling the Raptor... within the Other Vehicles forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - Member's Area category!
Originally Posted by torrin Black on Black, as God intended. I almost bought a Z06, they are badass and fast ...

User Tag List

Like Tree79Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 08:10 PM   #21 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Default After selling the Raptor...
Originally Posted by torrin View Post
Black on Black, as God intended.

I almost bought a Z06, they are badass and fast as crap. I didn't think I would need a supercharged rig, but now I am thinking about it.

I would like to get the Katech 427 and stay NA, already have koooks headers, Cai, PTB and tune. Probably easier and less $ to slap a supercharger on though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 Black SuperCab
brettmess24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Originally Posted by brettmess24 View Post
I would like to get the Katech 427 and stay NA, already have koooks headers, Cai, PTB and tune. Probably easier and less $ to slap a supercharger on though

That might be _slightly_ more expensive than an SC.

2012 White Supercrew
torrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by brettmess24 View Post
Nice and congrats on the Z but man that doesnít look like wgg here is my grand sport in wgg....just picked up some forged wheels

Buy from MacMulkin?

yeah the pictures of it from the dealership seemed a lot darker than it actually is. I did buy from them, got an amazing deal! Those wheels look great by the way, nice ride!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Geo_Tactical; 03-02-2018 at 08:59 PM.
Geo_Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #24 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by Geo_Tactical View Post
I knew I needed to replace it with something that was a.) American and b.) fast, so something that fits the bill is on her way home. 2018 C7 Z06, manual transmission, 2LZ package in Watkins Glen Gray.

Great car and awesome color!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Geo_Tactical likes this.

Old 03-03-2018, 12:17 AM   #25 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'll let you know what I think of it then after owning for a while. I'm sure there's going to be pro's and con's

A few. It is hard to get into and out if a parking lot (or driveway) without doing damage. A brake job is gonna run you thousands. Tires will cost you thousands. It won't be the best choice in cold weather, but does better than expected in rain. You always feel stuck behind people and impatient. You will feel like you are in a shooting gallery on the highway when trucks kick up rocks. The tiniest of s ratches are going to feel (to you) like glaring gaping cracks.

Thats about it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
allenfrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #26 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Originally Posted by allenfrx View Post
A few. It is hard to get into and out if a parking lot (or driveway) without doing damage. A brake job is gonna run you thousands. Tires will cost you thousands. It won't be the best choice in cold weather, but does better than expected in rain. You always feel stuck behind people and impatient. You will feel like you are in a shooting gallery on the highway when trucks kick up rocks. The tiniest of s ratches are going to feel (to you) like glaring gaping cracks.

Thats about it.

Aside from the utility of owning a truck, this is probably the second biggest reason I'm just not into sports cars at the moment. Nicks and scratches are no big deal for most trucks....but are absolutely devastating on high-end sports car--at least to me. I'm sure I'll come around to getting another one at some point though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 03-03-2018, 10:11 AM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by allenfrx View Post

Thats about it.

I think one of the first things I'll do is have some clear bra applied to the leading edges to protect against rock chips. The ground clearance is definitely a "thing", and made me think pretty hard before pulling the trigger and buying. Based on what others have said who own a C7, it seems like it's not as bad as it looks, especially at stock ride height. In most situations, going slow and taking a 45 angle will be fine. Though I've already identified a few entrances to parking lots that would definitely be a no-go. My guess is that after a while, it'll become obvious what will cause scraping and what won't.

If I lived in a city environment like Seattle, I probably wouldn't have bought it. But where I'm at we have long stretches of open road, and not much traffic. Should make it a blast to drive around in.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #28 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

After driving a truck for most of my life, a car is like sitting in a pot hole. I've driven my nephew's Shelby horse and his Hellcat. Yes, definitely fun for a while. Long term, trucks more comfortable in every respect. Now in my younger days, I'd go for go, but now, off road in the boonies is where I go. Mostly for hunting and fishing and a car won't cut it there.

Do what's right for you, to hell with other's opinion!! (Mine included )
Geo_Tactical and donh like this.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #29 (permalink)

FRF Addict

I think one of the first things I'll do is have some clear bra applied to the leading edges to protect against rock chips. The ground clearance is definitely a "thing", and made me think pretty hard before pulling the trigger and buying. Based on what others have said who own a C7, it seems like it's not as bad as it looks, especially at stock ride height. In most situations, going slow and taking a 45 angle will be fine. Though I've already identified a few entrances to parking lots that would definitely be a no-go. My guess is that after a while, it'll become obvious what will cause scraping and what won't.

If I lived in a city environment like Seattle, I probably wouldn't have bought it. But where I'm at we have long stretches of open road, and not much traffic. Should make it a blast to drive around in.

I have started putting clear stone gaurd (xpel) on all the cars. I do full hood and fenders so you donít see that edge line that collects dirt. A pillars are with it as well. Money well spent since I had rock chips with a passion
Geo_Tactical likes this.
WRCRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #30 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
After driving a truck for most of my life, a car is like sitting in a pot hole. I've driven my nephew's Shelby horse and his Hellcat. Yes, definitely fun for a while. Long term, trucks more comfortable in every respect. Now in my younger days, I'd go for go, but now, off road in the boonies is where I go. Mostly for hunting and fishing and a car won't cut it there.

Do what's right for you, to hell with other's opinion!! (Mine included )
The good thing is that I still have my Tacoma for hunting, camping, fishing, taking the dogs for rides or whatever. As an only vehicle, I don't think a Corvette would be a great choice. But as an alter ego to a functional truck, well, I couldn't pass on the 650 hp lol

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Originally Posted by WRCRaptor View Post
I have started putting clear stone gaurd (xpel) on all the cars. I do full hood and fenders so you donít see that edge line that collects dirt. A pillars are with it as well. Money well spent since I had rock chips with a passion
That xpel stuff, with the self-healing property, is pretty sweet. I put that on the hood of the black Raptor I used to have and it held up great, plus gave sort of a matte finish, which is what I was looking for.