2014 Blue Screw 9,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take that thing to the dealer and try and trade it. A lot of people don't know that when you trade in a vehicle you only pay taxes on the difference.

Example

20,000 selling price

10,000 trade

You only pay taxes on 10,000.

In your case, if a dealer gave you 52,000 for it (and they will) it would be as you were getting 55,250. (I am using Texas sales tax for vehicles which is 6.25%) That's a tax savings of 3,250.

I know this because I just traded my 14 raptor with 15,000 miles in. I got 53,000 for it. I had it listed here for 57,500. I ended up taking the truck back to stock and selling all the aftermarket items separately. I ended up with more than 57,500.

It's something to think about. These trucks are brining good money.

OP
OP
terryturner

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow guys thanks I didn't know that. Something I will look into. I didn't even ask them. Just figured they wouldn't want such an expensive ford product on their dodge lot. Probably something I will do anyway just so "the man" doesn't get anymore of my hard earned money. Greedy bastard!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Just read up on it a little. Michigan does do this but maxes out at $2,500 so hopefully they give me a decent offer

Last edited:

jason07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow guys thanks I didn't know that. Something I will look into. I didn't even ask them. Just figured they wouldn't want such an expensive ford product on their dodge lot. Probably something I will do anyway just so "the man" doesn't get anymore of my hard earned money. Greedy bastard!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Just read up on it a little. Michigan does do this but maxes out at $2,500 so hopefully they give me a decent offer

That sucks. I have heard there are some states that don't even recognize saving the difference in the sales tax. Even with a 2500 max, you may still come out ahead.

For what it's worth a Porsche gave me the 53000 bid. They probably got a buy bid from a Ford dealer.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck! I agree please let us know about the Hellcat, that would be on the very short list to trade a Raptor for.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2500 dollar max, who does that? I bought mine from a Dodge dealer so I know they will put money into the Raptor. I paid almost 3grand in taxes for my truck.

Taxes suck....

Last edited:
OP
OP
terryturner

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great looking truck! I agree please let us know about the Hellcat, that would be on the very short list to trade a Raptor for.

Ya it's my one and only other vehicle I really want. I will be back in a raptor one day tho. Just praying the new ones have a v8 option

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya it's my one and only other vehicle I really want. I will be back in a raptor one day tho. Just praying the new ones have a v8 option

I think the Hellcat is awesome...But if you really like the V8 Raptor, what about keeping it and getting the Hellcat in the future? I bet the V8 Raptor will never be again, and the Hellcat will probably be available during the next few years...

OP
OP
terryturner

terryturner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the Hellcat is awesome...But if you really like the V8 Raptor, what about keeping it and getting the Hellcat in the future? I bet the V8 Raptor will never be again, and the Hellcat will probably be available during the next few years...

Well the next gen raptor will be faster and more fuel efficient. We'll see anyway. If it's only a v6 then I'll be scanning this forum for a used one

Status
Not open for further replies.