2011- 30,900 miles, 37" BFG Projects, Devers, Reinforced, Clean, Manhattan Beach $56k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
very nice... One can only hope 2014 is the LAST year for raptor production....
Then we all win... GL
Yea, I think I am done with Raptors. My plan is to someday build some type of pure offroad truck. In the short term, its going to be lots of desert dirtbike racing for me!

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I don't want to turn this into the debate thread like most of the items up for sale on here, but its a fair question.

KBB Private trade in is $49,818 without upgrades: http://www.kbb.com/sellers-toolkit/image/100692/. This truck is a fully loaded crew cab, still on factory warranty, a solid late model 2011 with lots of nice upgrades. I don't see too many Raptors with these in-demand upgrades with 37" tires, bump stop/reinforcement, gussets, radio/gps, tune and intake, liner and fenders. All work professionally done at Outlaw Raptor. I think its fair to ask $6k for these add-ons (the rims/tires alone cost over half of that). Only a few thousand miles on these new tires, only a few nicks in the tires. I see a lot of raptors with shredded tires from 2wd wheel spin.

With all the upgrades, I added $6k (a quarter of what I have put into it, since all of the mods are only a year old and like new).

I looked around on the internet and don't see too many similar trucks. Most are stock and go for up to $50k from the dealer used. Sources: eBay, auto trader, forums, etc.). I saw one similar on RaceDezert with a ton of miles, no side rails and not too many similar upgrades. My truck however has all of the protection you will need on a truck that is still backed under warranty.

Its a great truck and ready for a new home.

Come take it for a test drive, its washed and stored indoors.

I was asking about the power (hp and tq) numbers. I think your price is fine, wasn't batting an eyelash at it.

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you thought about selling some of the mods separately? You can make back a lot of that money if you do it that way.

IF someone needs to finance it, KBB won't account for most of the modifications which will hurt someone wanting to qualify for a loan.

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you thought about selling some of the mods separately? You can make back a lot of that money if you do it that way.

IF someone needs to finance it, KBB won't account for most of the modifications which will hurt someone wanting to qualify for a loan.

I can only get $3,660 for the aftermarket mods that I can take off if I part it out. I paid over $16k for all of these with labor to put them on. Some mods like the VHF radio/GPS are more permanent and I don't want to take them off.

Mods I cant get money for:
Glassworks +2 Front Fenders
Line-X Premium Bed Liner
Dever +2 leaf springs
Outlaw Offroad rear bump stop and frame reinforcement
Outlaw Offroad Spindle Gusset reinforcement
Outlaw Offroad Lower Control Arm Gusset reinforcement
Top-Perch + alignment

Mods I can part out:
37" BFG Baja TA KR Project race tires, 95% tread $1,600
17" Method Standard black race rims $400
Baja Elite 5m GPS with Outlaw Offroad dashboard mount $400 maps, mount
ICOM VHF Chase Radio w/ antenna $300
ICON Stainless Steel Power Steering reservoir (unopened) $300
Volant PowerCore CAI $275
Outlaw Offroad Lighting Claws / mount Rigid dually spot lights $150
Hennessey Velociraptor 91 octane tune programmer (option to return to stock) VNF0 computer type $100
Cravenspeed Stubby antenna $10

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a family member that is looking for this exact truck.
How firm on the price are you?
the accident scares me a bit ?
Did the dealer do the repair work or outlaw?
Is the accident on the title?

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
If you decide to part out the mods I'd be willing to take these 2 off your hands:
Baja Elite 5m GPS with Outlaw Offroad dashboard mount maps, mount
ICOM VHF Chase Radio w/ antenna

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a family member that is looking for this exact truck.
How firm on the price are you?
the accident scares me a bit ?
Did the dealer do the repair work or outlaw?
Is the accident on the title?

I will not do any initial negotiation until you see the truck (If we negotiate online, then in person, that would be 2 price drops. Name your best and final price in person and we will see if we are seeing eye to eye.) I am not desperate to sell this truck, as I can still make the payments, but I wouldn't mind selling it soon if I find the right buyer.

I have spent a lot of time working with Tuttle Click Ford and Outlaw on repairs. Ford worked on the 4wd repairs and Outlaw worked on the fenders/lower door panel/hood repairs. I was disappointed at the repairs at first, but took it back several times to get everything perfect. I have made 4 trips over the past year after testing it to get it right. They got it right. If you find anything wrong, I will take it back to Outlaw and have it fixed.

Both did the work, as stated above.

I believe it is recorded by insurance. I did not do diminished value or anything to drop the price of the vehicle. Though the accident did not show up on Ebays history report, I would think it would show up on an Oasis report, etc. My whole stance is since I have taken my time and was very picky with the repairs being 100% matching OEM, why would the price change or performance. I understand someone replaced something that machines precision aligned, but aside from the 4wd (repairs done by the dealer), there is no major difference. I came down in price $2,100 because of everyone's opinions about the accident reducing value.

I am picking the truck up today from the showroom to drive it around town this weekend. If you are interested and in the Los Angeles area, swing on by my place or I can meet your family member. If you doubt the repairs, I can even meet you out in the desert and we can test drive it together. -Eric

Thanks

OP
OP
K

kawie95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the vehicle in to CarMax for an estimate. The accident does not show up on paper fyi. They wouldn't pay extra for the mods so I won't use them I don't think. Just an update

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing about human nature - a used vehicle rarely has as much dollar value to the buyer as it does to the seller.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd hold tight, I'm sure you'll find a buyer. Just need the right guy/gal who wants it set up the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.