Stainless Works @ SDHQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little heads up for those of you who haven't visited our web site in a bit. We are a full line dealer for Stainless Works

On our site Raptor Exhaust

Looking forward to having screw cat backs in stock soon!

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little heads up for those of you who haven't visited our web site in a bit. We are a full line dealer for Stainless Works

On our site Raptor Exhaust

Looking forward to having screw cat backs in stock soon!

Need some help here...

I've got a magnaflow muffler installed in place of the stock muffler on my 6.2L. To be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the sound. It's a bit louder than stock and definitly louder when I get on the gas. But it does not seem to have a "hotrod" or "race" tone to it. It would be fine on 99% of the trucks out there. But the Raptor is far more obnoxious...

So, I'm now tempted to do a swap. I've considered just removing the MF and putting a Flowmaster super-44 there. But I have been told the SW system (y-pipe cat-back) sounds better. So I am wondering if you can answer some questions...

- How would you compare the SW sound to MF in terms of volume (idle, cruise and WOT)?

- How would you compare the SW system to MF in terms of tone?

- Any good clips you can point me to?

- Is the installation as straightforward as it appears?

- Any special offers? :)

Thanks!

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Need some help here...

I've got a magnaflow muffler installed in place of the stock muffler on my 6.2L. To be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the sound. It's a bit louder than stock and definitly louder when I get on the gas. But it does not seem to have a "hotrod" or "race" tone to it. It would be fine on 99% of the trucks out there. But the Raptor is far more obnoxious...

So, I'm now tempted to do a swap. I've considered just removing the MF and putting a Flowmaster super-44 there. But I have been told the SW system (y-pipe cat-back) sounds better. So I am wondering if you can answer some questions...

- How would you compare the SW sound to MF in terms of volume (idle, cruise and WOT)?

- How would you compare the SW system to MF in terms of tone?

- Any good clips you can point me to?

- Is the installation as straightforward as it appears?

- Any special offers? :)

Thanks!

Anthony from SW said he had gotten in touch with you. Let us know if you have a any other questions!

Lucky14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they have been great. Really answered a lot of questions. I decided to do something a bit different. But I do appreciate the time they took...