SDHQ front winch mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Here are some shots of our front bumper with our winch mount installed… The winch mount is a bolt on install! If you look where it attaches to the frame, the raw metal plates are simulating the bumper mounts (bumper is off to make the pics easier to see). We utilize the 4 tow hook & 4 oem bumper mounting points with our plate.. Much stronger and safer than what I have seen for winch add ons. Cost is going to be $160 when purchasing with our bumper. That will include the modified skid plate, hardware and the winch mounting plates
DSC00990.jpg
DSC00989.jpg
DSC00992.jpg
DSC01035.jpg
DSC01034.jpg

wenzOmatic

Reaction score
Winch mount as a bolt on..

Could the winch mount be used on the truck without the bumper? I'd like to have a semi hidden winch and still keep the stock bumper. Your mount looks like it is one of the better ideas on the market. I'm guseeing that the max size of the winch would be about 9k...

Mike Wenzel
Oklahoma City

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome wenzO!

I'll let them give you the official answer, but I think you'll find that if you can dream it up, there's a good chance SDHQ can fab it up.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome wenzO!

I'll let them give you the official answer, but I think you'll find that if you can dream it up, there's a good chance SDHQ can fab it up.

thanks BO, we did just do one with the stock bumper,

th_DSC01545.jpg

we are making a few changes to this , but this gives you an idea of what can be done.

AZ SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how dose the added weight affect the front suspension? Any adverse?

I want a winch and I am concerned about pre-loading the front end. What I think I want is a front receiver mount so I can carry the winch in the bed area until needed (and can use it at either end).

Your set up looks great!

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i want the one for the stock bumber but how to instal and what is the weight of this part is it heavy or light i will like having it inside my stock bumber if possible let me know plz