SDHQ front long travel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OK OK... Let me start out by saying that I understand that there are guys that believe whole heartily that if you buy a Raptor you should leave whats on there alone and if you want to modify it you should buy a F150.... No other F150 has the powertrain, fenders, trim package ect ect ect... so the Raptor is a starting point for some...

Here are a few drawing of what we have been working on for the Raptor... (we aren't running 2 coil overs... it is just there to take the place of a by-pass shock)

Ford Ford Raptor Front Suspension

SDHQSpindle1.jpg
SDHQLower2shockarm2.jpg
SDHQLower2shockarm1.jpg
SDHQfrontassy1.jpg

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
Can't argue with someone modifying a Raptor to do this though...going to guess that you'll see plenty of revenue from folks who buy a Raptor, become addicted, and then need a bigger fix. For that guy, who already owns a Raptor, starting with an F-150 is not an economical alternative.

I take it there's no "economic" advantage to starting with a Raptor vs. a regular F-150 if one could be had with the 6.2 and rear locker...which I think can be had in some high-end configurations for 2011. I don't think there's any other way to get a 133" wheelbase supercab though.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
yeah I wouldn't be afraid to mod a Raptor. yes it's an awesome base....but keep in mind the Raptor is an appearance package too and adding some sick(er) suspension to it is only building on the idea that SVT had first. so it's all kosher..:D

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Birdy if you think the suspension and bodywork is all that makes the Raptor a off road truck, you should hit the ORM and AdvanceTrak buttons sometime... At least once

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Birdy if you think the suspension and bodywork is all that makes the Raptor a off road truck, you should hit the ORM and AdvanceTrak buttons sometime... At least once

trust me when i tell you...you will foam at the mouth when you see the action i get myself in to this winter in 12" of fresh powder. my ass end will be heading east to west harder than you could ever dream of in the sand. i will let you know how the phone pole v. Raptor works out...

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are some updated pics, were getting close to the release
DSC01194.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

http://http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/SDHQOR
/RAPTOR/DSC01192.jpg
DSC01191.jpg

DSC01190.jpg

DSC01189.jpg

DSC01156.jpg