Sdhq ford raptor rear frame reinforcement kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

So is this neccesary if you have an after market bump stop kit installed?

It is not. They don't work together. Most will get this to have some type of protection and then later remove it when they move up to a bump stop kit.

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
People use and like this set-up because it is cheap insurance for guys who are not looking to go with a full bump kit.

If you are not looking to lose wheel travel or hit your bump stops going over speed bumps in a slow parking lot I would shy away from the RPG or SVC bump kits.

I am well aware that you can adjust the SVC kit... but, I don't see someone wanting to constantly adjust where there bump stops are at when they can purchase a kit that is designed correctly.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
With respect to this being on another vendor’s section I will tread very lightly and only speak for the SVC kit and the statement that you will 1. Lose travel and 2. Listen to it hit every speed bump in town.

First. When the bump can is in its normal off-road position (which is 90+% of the time) you have the same amount of bump travel as with any other kit on the market including the factory bump, so to say otherwise is a complete misrepresentation of the facts. You are not sacrificing travel at all. The only time you would loose travel is when the can is positioned in Tow/payload mode, and that is by design.

Second. When driving around town in normal off-road mode you don’t hear the bumps hit anymore than you would any other bump kit on the market because we utilize both Fox and King 2.45” travel bumps that sit on average 4-6” away from the impact plate during neutral ride height. In fact, I can’t think of one customer who has ever called in and said anything of the sort or complained about the issue in question, which is actually not an issue at all.

The SVC adjustable bump system has been in the market now since last April, and we can conservatively say it probably has over 100K miles of collective abuse between SVC and all the customer trucks it has been installed on. It has been beaten up at TRR, Raptoberfest, Havoc, Outlaws Runs and every other kind of off-road abuse you can think of and has performed flawlessly. With regards to not seeing anyone ever wanting to use Tow/Payload Mode, real world customer testimony would say otherwise to the statement. Speaking in absolute generalities is not only presumptive but can be viewed as offensive and highly misleading. If it’s the opinion of SDHQ that the SVC Adjustable Bump System is designed incorrectly, then I can only respectively disagree with the statement.

It is my personal opinion that SDHQ builds some nice products that seems to hold up over the long haul, and for those who are not in the market for a full bump kit should consider their frame gusset kit, as it’s a well-built part. I can understand the frustration from having a forum member mention another vendors parts in your paid for section, it’s something we have all had to deal. Again I apologize for responding in another vendor’s section, but hope those reading this can understand why I chose to do so.

Thanks

Jarrett

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have pictures of this kit? So someone could maybe fab up their own? Doesn't seem they are produced anymore from what I could find.... Pics would be amazing if possible.