Sdhq ford raptor rear frame reinforcement kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQ GOODGUY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHECK THIS OUT, IT IS A INEXPENSIVE PIECE OF INSURANCE

Here is our install instructions Install Instructions for SDHQ Ford Raptor Rear Frame Reinforcement Kit for our reinforcement kit SDHQ Ford Raptor Rear Frame Reinforcement Kit

After seeing the rear frame bend on the Raptor, we came up with an easy bolt on kit that will help eliminate that.

Feature & Benefits -

Helps eliminates the factory weak points in the frame @ the factory rear bump stop
Our kit fully boxes in frame around the factory bump stop mount
Adds vertical support directly above bump stop
Ties the frame and bump stop together
Helps stop the lower frame from getting pushed up which allows frame to fold
No drilling
Uses factory holes
Completely bolt on
Easy 20 minute install
Grade 8 hardware included
Powder coat finish

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do ya have any idea what will happen to the frame if you were to install those and get hit from behind at high speed? Do ya think the frame will act in a way that might put the people inside in danger? Like changing the fold points and driving something into the fuel tank... I am wondering since you guys are in a business do you have someone you could make contact with at Ford, show them what has happened in the field and see what they say. They do have a OPD department( Ongoing Product Development) and I am sure they would listen to ya and maybe even take a Raptor and test it to see what happened...

DocSpooK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do ya have any idea what will happen to the frame if you were to install those and get hit from behind at high speed? Do ya think the frame will act in a way that might put the people inside in danger? Like changing the fold points and driving something into the fuel tank... I am wondering since you guys are in a business do you have someone you could make contact with at Ford, show them what has happened in the field and see what they say. They do have a OPD department( Ongoing Product Development) and I am sure they would listen to ya and maybe even take a Raptor and test it to see what happened...
Wouldn't it be nice if things worked that way all the time?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be nice if things worked that way all the time?

Ya... for sure... I can tall ya I have a friend that just bought a new F150 Echo-Boost and had a coil go bad.. The echo-boost coils are unique, have their own drivers inside them...The dealer told him a month ago that the coil was on back order. He called yesterday and they said it would be another month before they can get a coil.. I called a calibrator friend of mine and he told me that they have been having a problem with the coils but, everytime they get a truck to test they cant get the problem to repeat... Since my friends truck has been able to repeat the problem they are going to see if they can get his truck in and test it some... as with everything ya need to know someone... Maybe SDHQ has a contact they can talk to about this frame issue...

Rat

Reaction score
Ya... for sure... I can tall ya I have a friend that just bought a new F150 Echo-Boost and had a coil go bad.. The echo-boost coils are unique, have their own drivers inside them...The dealer told him a month ago that the coil was on back order. He called yesterday and they said it would be another month before they can get a coil.. I called a calibrator friend of mine and he told me that they have been having a problem with the coils but, everytime they get a truck to test they cant get the problem to repeat... Since my friends truck has been able to repeat the problem they are going to see if they can get his truck in and test it some... as with everything ya need to know someone... Maybe SDHQ has a contact they can talk to about this frame issue...

This may not be the place but, I see where you are giong. Ford pinto, chevy pickups with fuel tanks mounted on outside of frame rails, Ford explorer. So how do you strengthin frame, not weld or alter frame, not reduce rear crush/crumple zone BUT strengthin frame so it does not bend ?
And not viod warranty ? You really can't add air bumps without taking off stock bump stops, so what are we to do ? :ROFLJest:

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody put these on yet ? If so thoughts or comments would be welcome !

AlbertaRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed these.

20 minutes if you take a 5 minute break to install.

I see it this way, they are going to strengthen my frame, they cost $100 and hell thats the price of a tank of gas.

They look sturdy, it makes sense that they do the job, they fit perfect...yes I'm happy.

Jeff