Would you take this offer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tell them they are INSANE! ADM is for vehicles in HIGH DEMAND, not vehicles that have been sitting in inventory for over 9 months. The Raptor is not a high demand vehicle at this point, the supply caught up quite a while ago. Paying sticker or above for a '17 is ridiculous, let them keep it for posterity. Obviously there are plenty of them out there, 18s for msrp!

I second the $2k under msrp for their old truck. Otherwise walk and have one shipped or do the road trip thing. Both are MUCH better options than paying a freaking dealer money beyond sticker. You could send me the $4k overage and I will kick you in the nuts, that is the same thing.

You know you can find a better deal, just do it.

Last edited:

Snowsled

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As to it being too much to ask for them to go $2k under. The truth is, they are cutting a fat hog at msrp and they are still making money at $2k under. Their pride may not be enough to keep them from moving a unit. Definitely worth a try.

OP
OP
zemuron99

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!

Thanks to everyone who has commented. I did contact Jess in Pullman, they quoted me initially 5K over also, but I didn't ask specifically for Andrew (yet). Still exchanging a few e-mails w/other dealers as well. I'll head back to the dealer that made the initial offer to me tomorrow. Will start at 2k under ($69,600) and let them talk me into full sticker. To me the difference between a '17 and an '18 isn't that great, and if I can avoid the trouble of going out-of-state to get it, then it's worth it to me. I'm feeling a bit more motivated to try and close something soon, my credit union just bumped up their loan rates a bit, so best I could do would be right around 3.25% I think. Plus it sounds like the Fed my start bumping up rates a bit to try to hold off inflation, which will raise the rate on a car loan even further. I checked their inventory, they only have the two in stock, but other threads have mentioned new allocations coming soon. Still, would be nice if they had 3-4 other '18's sitting around to further pressure them to offload that '17. Well, we'll see how it goes.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 2018 in September 2017 for 69,860 bucks plus 2,121 sales tax.. so 71,981 out door.. 802A, carbon, headlocks , technology pkg .. etc etc.. so don’t pay no where near what that dealer is selling it to you for. I got mine 6 months almost. So get it cheaper than I payed I would say,, precision ford in lilington NC, all day everyday gives this deal. I wasn’t nobody special to them

OP
OP
zemuron99

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I visited the dealer again on Sunday (Superbowl Sunday) figuring they'd be pretty quiet, and the manager and I could talk seriously and w/out interruption. I outlined all the reasons any ADM is not worth paying (it's a '17, built in April for Pete's sake), been on their books a long time, not getting any fresher, '18's rolling in, '19's coming fairly soon, only 3 other '17's left within the area based on the Ford Website, Feb is a short month they need sales to make their numbers, etc). At first he came down to $76k, so I mentioned (truthfully) that I'm also considering a trailer purchase and the RV show is this weekend with special pricing. He asked me for my best offer. I told him I'd like 2K below MSRP given the age of the vehicle and the availability if '18's at MSRP, BUT that i'd split the cost of my travel, hotel, food, gas, etc to drive it back from a remote state so I'd given MSRP - 500. Of course he said he'd need to talk it over w/the GM when he comes in on Monday, and would call me back. He said I made all very valid points, and 'they want to sell it as well.'. Well, Monday came and went w/no call, as did Tues, Wed and today. So tomorrow I'll head down there again to chat with them, give them the same pitch and see what happens. If they won't sell it to me, I want them to tell me to my face, and have the chance to ask them that they'll really let a 'ready to buy' customer walk out. That they're seriously believing that a customer will come in and want to pay $thousands over MSRP for an 8 month old vehicle. Just to hear them say the words. We'll see what happens...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@zemuron99, I’m going to ask you a delicate and yet serious question or 2.

Do you look like a *****?
Do you have ***** tattooed on your forehead?

No? I didn’t think so, as this would be an unusual fit for a Raptor owner.

So why are you acting like this dealer’s *****?

sounds almost like one of the staff want’s the truck and they’re not keen on negotiating it out of inventory.

If you go back there, they know you want -that- truck.

IMO, you should only go there as a backup, meaning, you’re on your way to order an ’18 or secure a ’19 at MSRP somewhere else. I wouldn’t waste anyone’s time here, and I’d be right up front.

look, you never called and I figure you or someone else on staff wants to buy the truck at a significant discount, i get that. but here it is - I’m am headed to <insert made up dealer name here> right now, I will buy your truck at MSRP -2500 - the price went down because you dissed me m*ther f*cker. I have money in pocket. You have 15 minutes before I walk. You feel me?

<summon siri> set a countdown timer for 15 minutes.
Hopefully she responds with a pithy and humorous response.

don’t be this dealer’s *****. In fact, now that I think about it more, make it $3k under MSRP, not 2500. Channel your inner Jules Winnfield.

Final offer.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP .. PM me. I know a dealership that will sell you a Raptor at $98 above invoice. They will charge you $65 for a drive away tags and that's it. The bad news is that they are on the east coast and that you have to order one. They only have 1 allocation left for 2018s.

OP
OP
zemuron99

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update 2/12

Went down to the dealer again on Friday. They were ready to talk. Floor mgr's office has the sales board right on the wall. I pointed out all the empty sales squares on it, and compared them to the Dec '17 and Jan '18 totals, and that on Friday we were already 1/3 of the way through the month. Told him I had two choices, buy a Raptor at my price, or head back up to Seattle to hit the RV show. It wouldn't be my choice, it would be his depending on whether he could meet my price or not. Despite some earlier comments, I don't think an offer 2-3K below MSRP would even fly out here...everything costs more on the Left Coast. Reg gas is $3.09-$3.25/gallon this weekend. We discussed the pro's and con's of buying his unit vs me going out of state. His unit was exactly the way I would have one built though, so it was definitely in his favor. The B&O stereo in the '18's is no biggie to me. Spent about two hours going back and forth before we agreed on a number that was comfortable for me and acceptable to him. I wanted a bit lower, I think he surely wanted a bit higher, but it worked for both of us. Brought a loaded (everything except the carbon fiber, subwoofer and ramps) Ruby Red beast home Friday night! To me, paying a bit more now was worth avoiding the hassle of dealing w/an out of state dealer, traveling there and back, and putting a bunch of miles on a new rig all at once. If you do better than this, then (seriously), great for you. For me, this was an acceptable deal on the exact truck I wanted, so great for me! Looking forward to lots of enjoyable driving.

Attachments

• IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1994.jpg
    IMG_1994.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 54
Last edited: