Will the EcoBoost come in the Raptor early 2011

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

redlineguy

Reaction score
Ford says it will be out early 2011 in the f150 but don't know if that means the Raptor as well.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
well i'm not sure how "set in stone" this chart is, but it's just another piece of evidence pointing toward no.
55-2011-f150-build-break-down.jpg

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
plus in the chats or videos from SVT they have always said naturally aspirated is the only way to go for a dusty desert truck.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Its obvious Ford agrees :Wedgie:
The Inside Story of Ford's Baja 1000 EcoBoost Race Trucks - PickupTrucks.com News
And the "hereo-engine" truck is the Raptor R race truck with a paint job and engine swap.

the purpose of that truck was to prove the engine/turbos in "grueling" conditions as an exhibit. for a production truck...don't see it happening based on what SVT engineers have said in the past. not that i would be offended if they did do it cause i'd place my order.

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the purpose of that truck was to prove the engine/turbos in "grueling" conditions as an exhibit. for a production truck...don't see it happening based on what SVT engineers have said in the past. not that i would be offended if they did do it cause i'd place my order.

Maybe or maybe not, however it looks like a promising engine. Ford thinks it can stand up, so why not put it in the Raptor? More choices to :drool: over, and if people demand it Ford would sell it (see crewcab Raptor)