Will the 17's tank the previous gens?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spec C

Reaction score
Hello all, I know this topic is a bit of speculation, but I was curious how most feel in terms of how pricing of the 13-14's will fare once the 17's drop.

I am looking at scooping a 14 and only plan to keep it for a year or so(unless I fall in love with it) and am nervous about taking a giant hit. I am fully prepared to lose say 10k in a years time, but more than that I would look at alternative vehicles.

Thanks

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I think there's a good chance prices will drop, I don't see you losing 10k over the course of a year (depending on how many miles you put on it).

you could always wait 4 months like I am and see how it pans out before you potentially waste a lot of $

OP
OP
S

Spec C

Reaction score
While I think there's a good chance prices will drop, I don't see you losing 10k over the course of a year (depending on how many miles you put on it).

you could always wait 4 months like I am and see how it pans out before you potentially waste a lot of $

I hear that. I would prefer to buy something now. I feel like finding low mileage examples are just getting harder and harder.

As I said I am good with about a 10k loss in a years time adding 10-12k miles. I figure $10k is a decent buffer. I don't tend to keep things all that long.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I put 15,000 miles on mine, hard miles, in 6 months. Traded it in for a $4.5K loss, but also needed 4 new tires, didn't include the spare in the deal, cracked left front fender, and scratched to shit all around. I wouldn't worry too much about resale.