Used Raptor Prices ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 5.4 with 41k miles... Sticker was 41190... Options are trailer controller, bed graphics orange paint and interior... I have a lot of stuff done to get good mileage. long tube headers with high flow cats, I made my own intake for the air system to draw consistent intake air, a 5star tuner with 87 econ, 87 tow and 93 perf tunes, still have a few things I want to do... Best I have done is 20.2 at 55mph( I did just to see what I could get) from upper Mi to the lower part. I just drove to Mi from Va and got 17.3 combined round trip through the mountains 1600 miles total and about 150 city miles... The dealer offered me 32k if I put the stock bumpers back on...

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I haven't done anything to get better mileage...that was the last thing on my mind when I got this bad boy!! If i had a choice I would have gotten the 6.2 but I wasn't going to wait any longer.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2010 6.2L Raptor and traded it in for $41k. Stickered for what, $48,***? Had 9,000 miles on it.

Got my new Supercrew that stickered at $53k.

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Thinking of selling mine in two weeks

2010 6.2 lux package, loaded

40k flat takes it. No bs.

OP
OP
M

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 5.4 with 41k miles... Sticker was 41190... Options are trailer controller, bed graphics orange paint and interior... I have a lot of stuff done to get good mileage. long tube headers with high flow cats, I made my own intake for the air system to draw consistent intake air, a 5star tuner with 87 econ, 87 tow and 93 perf tunes, still have a few things I want to do... Best I have done is 20.2 at 55mph( I did just to see what I could get) from upper Mi to the lower part. I just drove to Mi from Va and got 17.3 combined round trip through the mountains 1600 miles total and about 150 city miles... The dealer offered me 32k if I put the stock bumpers back on...

So how was your noticed power gain from seat of pants point of view. I plan to put it on dyno for each upgrade I make. This truck will be used in hi speed back country driving long distances on dirt. I'm getting to old to do it on motorcycles like I used to. To many get offs lately. odds are catching up with me. I also want to be able to turn the air and heat on when it gets uncomfortable. I know it sounds like a ***** move but I've already done the uncomfortable turn for to long now.
Mil T

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So how was your noticed power gain from seat of pants point of view. I plan to put it on dyno for each upgrade I make. This truck will be used in hi speed back country driving long distances on dirt. I'm getting to old to do it on motorcycles like I used to. To many get offs lately. odds are catching up with me. I also want to be able to turn the air and heat on when it gets uncomfortable. I know it sounds like a ***** move but I've already done the uncomfortable turn for to long now.
Mil T

I wanted to do the dyno thing but, I am in a place where dyno's are not available unless I drive 50-80 miles... When I am done with all my upgrades I will do the dyno run to see where I am at... Judging by the seat of my pants I feel the difference towing...

fordandchevyman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'll want to go with the 6.2l for sure. you might be better off ordering one. i was in your same place last summer. i couldn't find one at a good price they all were still super expensive. so i just maned up and ordered one. dont care about the mileage. i still get excited every time i drive it. i love this monster.

Mrcarcrazy

Reaction score
Short answer is YES

I've found the exact same thing you've found...that's why I'll be ordering a new one.(If I decide to buy a Raptor) I have a DLR that will order for 500.00 over invoice...and that's unbeatable from what I've seen.

Hi.
I want to run something by you guys.
I"m planning on buying a used, 2010 raptor. Reasons for me are.
I want a 133 inch wheel base (supercab) with a 5.4 motor. Seems that only 2010's came in that combination. 2011's and 2012's are only 6.1 motors.

I have been shopping and am surprised that most prices range from $39K to $45K. Used prices are higher than what invoice($34.5K) was for when the truck was new. Some are even as hi or higher than MSRP ($38.5) when truck was new. I am looking under 25K miles but that should not matter. Clean condition. Not pristine.
These trucks are now 3 years old since the 2012's are on the lots now.
In my research the auto rating companies say for a 2010 Raptor with most amenities or trim packages added should be:

Trade in - Approx. $33K
Private Seller - $35K
Dealer Retail - $37.5K

I'm just wondering if anyone else has been looking at used trucks and have found the same high prices?
Thanks.
Mil T

P.S. I will be using the numbers I have here to negotiate with dealer if that is the way I go but there's a lot of haggling that I'm going to have to do.

11TUXSCREW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was at the dealer the other day and they had a used 2010 white 6.2 with 36k miles on it only options were bed graphics and they wanted 44k just some info i thought i would share.

Nick

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you... I live in Washington state though, and they are pretty rare up here, I am laughing at the used prices, they are about 4k less than new.

I want a king cab, 6.2 with no Nav or sun roof junk I want it to be a truck not a bmw suv I dont need any of that. Which brings me to an even more difficult used stand point, seems like everyone who bought them in 2010 and up went all out with foo foo and I hate that.....

Negatives to buying new are pretty equal. A waiting game, plus taxes and dealing with car dealerships. I am pretty stuck on what to do?