Used 2017 with 300 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JK2Raptor

Reaction score
I got my 2018 locally at msrp, no way I’d pay more than that. All the other local dealers wanted $10k over. Like others said, keep looking and buy out of state if you have to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sort of strange for sure but you never know. See if you can get a Ford dealer to run an OASIS report on the VIN and see what the service was all about... Seems like someone bought into the "image" and then it didn't really fit their needs/lifestyle? If it's not major service and you can get it discounted to low $60K's it wouldn't be a bad buy...just my .02. Good luck

I did get mine at $1K under MSRP ($69,170) by going out of state, but get on it as my dealer is out of 2018 allocations and only has two left in stock. Shame dealers have to be so greedy as it does look like a new truck (assuming nothing major on the service)...

OP
OP
S

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe there was some issue with the car? i don't see why you would buy a brand new truck and service it at 58 miles, then only drive it 250 miles for the next 5 months. it seems like there's also about $1-2k worth of aftermarket lights on the truck already.

you can get the truck brand new for $69-$70k, unless they drop the price about $8-10k I wouldn't see it as a good deal. they probably way overpaid on the trade so I doubt they would negotiate that much on the truck. you can find msrp deals in las vegas and arizona.
That's my concern is there was some oil leak or problem. Otherwise I would makevavlow ball offer on it. No way I'll pay over msrp the clock us already started on the warranty

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my concern is there was some oil leak or problem. Otherwise I would makevavlow ball offer on it. No way I'll pay over msrp the clock us already started on the warranty

you can try, the ca market is screwed, chances are they probably way overpaid on a trade in and someone will probably buy it at that price lol.

Umlify

Reaction score
I actually went through this exact issue with an F250. Bought it brand new, drove it 200 miles and on the first rainstorm it was leaking all under the dash and floor. Dealer could never find where it was coming from.
Luckily the owner cut me a deal, apologized, and bought it back from me at the price I paid.
I owned the truck for 4 months but only drove it 200 miles.
I bet this is a similar reason....

OP
OP
S

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can try, the ca market is screwed, chances are they probably way overpaid on a trade in and someone will probably buy it at that price lol.
That's probably true it's in orange county a lot of people there have more money than sense

OP
OP
S

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
san diego isn't very different, there are dealers still marking up $20k, the closest dealer to me said they 'only' do $5k lol :flipthebird:

one dealer near LA had a $30,000 mark up. but he hinted I could get it for close to only 10 ? I left laughing

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one dealer near LA had a $30,000 mark up. but he hinted I could get it for close to only 10 ? I left laughing

yeah, I had a dealer tell me it was too much hassle to pick up the $4k off msrp deal and that their $5k adm would essentially be the same deal in the end :win: