Toyota guy considering going 13 or 14 raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93civEJ1

Reaction score
So early this week I found out that my Tundra Rock Warrior was deemed a total loss. I had planned to get another Tundra, but I am considering a 11-14 Raptor. Everyone has told me to go for a 13 or 14 for HID and Myford Touch.

I have found one that seems a decent deal (2013) with a roush SC package on it. The only thing that bothers me is it has 101k.

Would you be concerned with this amount of miles on one, especially with the supercharger?

What all else should I look at for other prospects.
I drove a 2014 yesterday with only 37k miles, but it is about 10k more than the one with the charger with 101k.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with rust than miles. The drivetrain should be able to go 250K easy. Might need to have the blower re-built at some point, but that's only about $500 through Whipple. Bearings and seals typically.

I'd also recommend the 13-14 models for the Sync 2, HIDs, front cam, and front torsion diff if you are mostly on the street with it. However, if you do a lot of off-roading, some guys like the older models without the front torsion diff as they think the torsion diff causes more breakage than non-torsion trucks. You can always swap it out if it's a big deal one way or the other.

Last edited:

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a few really good threads on here of what all to look for. Easy quick looks- rust and/ or mud packed underside, dimples on back of cab from jumping, any sign of wreaked. Next, is this gonna be your daily driver? If so, and gonna get a lot of miles, I would look for low mileage. Other than supercharger loaded the same?
Not much diff in a 13 and 14. My vote is the 14 and lower miles.

OP
OP

93civEJ1

Reaction score
Thanks for that reply. So no things to check motor wise since the truck obviously makes a little more power than a standard raptor. Like metal shavings in oil etc? My first thing is to wonder in those 101k miles how hard it has been beaten. With a supercharger you know it has to have been given a good run here and there.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at it this way, it made it to 100K miles with the blower no matter how it was driven- assuming you don't abuse the crap out of it, why would you expect it to fail anytime soon?

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think this depends on how much you care about things like how worn the seats are. I would hands down buy the 37K mile one over a 101K one. Value wise must vehicles are worth less than half at 100K miles and near zero at 200K. At 100K miles the interior will start to get shabby, etc. Now if this is a bash it in the desert truck, windows down, dusty, don't care, hose it out after, then the SC might be attractive. But...$10K more for 70% less wear, no brainer for me.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would supercharge a tundra and put a camburg kit on it before buying a gen1 raptor.

OP
OP

93civEJ1

Reaction score
I went and checked out that supercharged one. No thanks. It had a fabtech lift kit on it, and underneath there was dampness around transfer case and other areas. The front fox setup was completely black covered dust almost like it was shot.