Torsen Diff?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hubcap

Reaction score
If I get one it'll probably be used and I know that they put the torsen diffs in the 2012. What does the 2011 have? Did late 2011's get the torsen? While flying down a dirt road at 120 mph sounds fun, creeping around in 4-lo is fun too. That limited slip front end I'm sure will make a big difference when 4 wheel'n.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of the Torsen front differential on a stock 2011 Raptor. Some owners considered a retrofit until major problems developed with the front drivetrains on 2012+ Raptors. Use the FRF search box.

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get a Torsten. There's way better options for 2tracs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jdruzik

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love the fact that the people that knock the Torsen front differential don't have one or even have a Raptor. I have a 2013 Raptor and have driven the hell out of it off road in five states. The Torsen really grips and results in superior control at high speeds when doing off road trials. I for one am glad I have it...

rptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the fact that the people that knock the Torsen front differential don't have one or even have a Raptor. I have a 2013 Raptor and have driven the hell out of it off road in five states. The Torsen really grips and results in superior control at high speeds when doing off road trials. I for one am glad I have it...

Don't have a raptor? I have a purpose built off road raptor that handles terrain your 5 states don't dream. -50c and boulders the size of Kia. I changed to a front locker. But that's cause I run ice roads and a lot of deep snow on my 40 inch tiresesagyre8.jpg
Torsens might work in your sandbox but they sure suck rock crawling or going thru 5 ft of snow

Last edited:

skyscraper

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question: What is a purpose built off road raptor?

I only opted for the 801a package and the front camera.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't have a raptor? I have a purpose built off road raptor that handles terrain your 5 states don't dream. -50c and boulders the size of Kia. I changed to a front locker. But that's cause I run ice roads and a lot of deep snow on my 40 inch tiresesagyre8.jpg
Torsens might work in your sandbox but they sure suck rock crawling or going thru 5 ft of snow

Netix?