Too late to order '14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never ordered a vehicle straight up from the dealer, nor am I familiar with the process. I'm looking to order if it isn't too late to do so. Looking to trade the GTO in as I'm ready to get back into a truck. I'm at sea at the moment so I can't go to the local dealership for information on ordering and the internet afloat isn't the greatest. I'll be back on land in the next few weeks, but would like to know what I'll walk into.

If anyone has any helpful info and/or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
-Dan

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Find a dealer with allocation. You are cutting it close though. I ordered a couple weeks or so ago and got my VIN just a few days ago. Where do you live? Considered ordering out of state?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dont know if it relates but I am looking for a fusion for my wife and the dealer can't order any more 14's but in about 2 weeks can put in an order for a 15

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

M3ichael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are still scheduling them for another month or so. However Ford has already told the dealers that there is more than enough orders to fill the rest of production. So any orders taken above this most likely will not be built.

OP
OP
The Juggernaut

The Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful responses everyone. I know it's cutting it close and I would love to actually order a vehicle for once. Are they making a '15 raptor? I thought they were not doing a '15 or maybe my research led me a stray. What I want to order is: Tuxedo Black Screw, Moon Roof, Lux Pckg, SE Pckg, No graphics, HIDs. Basically fully loaded minus bed liner and misc items

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd try calling around to dealers starting with ones suggested on here and in various threads. I placed an order a few weeks ago based on a recommendation. That dealer had the order already made and the options were what I wanted. Almost exactly what you are looking for BTW. I got a decent price too. Some dealers were cut off earlier due to no more allocation. Some - a few dealers - still had allocation. There is an overall cutoff for ordering but don't know that we've heard definitively what that is or if we've hit it yet. If it hasn't happened yet, it is likely happening soon so if you are interested, don't sit around on this.