For those that have had both scab and screw

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluedemon

Reaction score
Hey guys, let me just start by saying that you have a great forum and I look forward to spend more time here once I get my Raptor. I will be ordering a raptor once I finish paying for my wife's mazda6.
About a year ago I was going to get a mustang gt, but I want to travel a little more, but a pony car and a sedan won't really make it in baja's desert. I was born in Mexicali (Baja) and I love going to San Felipe and Ensenada, and this truck fits just right. I have always driven sporty cars ( mainly stangs),but every once in a while a truck is needed, and I don't like to borrow one.
The plan is to keep the truck for a loooooong time. As for right now,it's just me and my wife, but planning to have children in about 4-5 years ( I'm 24yo). For those of you who either have owned or experienced both scab and screw, what advantages or difference in performance did you find. I really love the scab, but the screw looks niiiiice in person ( pics just make it seem to long).
I'm a full -time worker , but also a student, and drive about 85- 90% of the time solo. Even though I fit in the back of the scab (i'm 6'1" but 170 lbs), I haven't really been a passenger in one. I really incline more towards the scab, but I really don't want my passengers to be uncomfortable during a road trip.The rear space looks too small from outside. Also can you guys fit a baby seat without any trouble?
So far I plan on getting a Blue flame Scab with bed extender, tailgate step, and still thinking about the navi. What do you guys think? Give me some feedback from your experience. Thanks guys!:waytogo:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 2010 Supercab with the 6.2. View that thread here.

I currently own a 2011 Supercrew. View that thread here.

Here is the short bus version of both. Also, if you do a search, there was a pretty exhaustive thread comparing the pros and cons of each a few months back.

I prefer the looks of the supercab better, hands down. It's shorter, looks more stocky and just has a mean look that is gonna kick your ass. The inside is HUGE for it's size, but my best friends put a car-seat in their supercab (non-Raptor, but it's all the same cab) and it was tight, let me tell you. Feet on the back of the seat, had to sit upright most of the time, etc.

The Supercrew (I think 2011 is VASTLY superior in all area's) is much more comfortable to drive. Longer wheelbase, more room, 4-doors vice the suicide doors and the best part -- the larger fuel tank that nets you damn near 500 miles on the highway.

I love my supercrew but was seriously talking just a few minutes ago to the roomie how I miss looking at the Supercab.

5305187500_ac098d4f4f_b.jpg

6059749725_049a2483b0_b.jpg

Next up for the crewcab I think is gonna be color matched bumpers and flares and a perch adjustment. I just can't decide on the paint work. I'm nervous!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Even though I fit in the back of the scab (i'm 6'1" but 170 lbs), I haven't really been a passenger in one. I really incline more towards the scab, but I really don't want my passengers to be uncomfortable during a road trip.The rear space looks too small from outside. Also can you guys fit a baby seat without any trouble?

I have a Super Cab. I have not taken a long trip in a crew, just a couple of short trips. I am 5'10" and have ridden in the back seat for several hours and it is certainly livable. I have also had a rear facing "bucket" car seat in the middle and it fit fine and currently have a forward facing seat, also with no issues. That being said, the crew definitely has a lot more leg room. If it is going to be you and your wife with a couple of kids, you are covered w/ a super cab, IMO. If you spend a lot of time on the highway with your buddies in the backseat, get a crew.

FX4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your planning kids look out for the SCAB, when I tested one with our rear-facing car seat it was terrible! Granted, the car seat if for a child up to 35lbs so its rather large, but it hung over front console!

I too love the SCAB, but for all practical daily purposes and a growing family I need the SCREW, especially since I would be keeping mine quite a while too.

DTF-DEUCHER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 supercrew is the shit!!!!
I'd take it over anything... And swoop I think your main problem is color man... Get some wheels on ur rap and then decide what looks more beef !!! I prefer the screw even when I only wanted a scab !!!

OP
OP
B

bluedemon

Reaction score
That's a lot of good info guys! I have driven the scab in the last barret-jackson and feels great, especially when I daily drive a lowered '96 mustang gt m/t :D It feels like a cloud! I have not yet driven a screw. I guess I could go to a dealer, but once they see I'm interested in the truck they won't let me go. I do want to go to take a close look at the screw. They had one at a dealer close to home, but I drove by today and its gone!
So, have you guys really felt any major difference in performance (off-roading, acceleration, braking)?

OP
OP
B

bluedemon

Reaction score
I had a 2010 Supercab with the 6.2. View that thread here.

I currently own a 2011 Supercrew. View that thread here.

Here is the short bus version of both. Also, if you do a search, there was a pretty exhaustive thread comparing the pros and cons of each a few months back.

I prefer the looks of the supercab better, hands down. It's shorter, looks more stocky and just has a mean look that is gonna kick your ass. The inside is HUGE for it's size, but my best friends put a car-seat in their supercab (non-Raptor, but it's all the same cab) and it was tight, let me tell you. Feet on the back of the seat, had to sit upright most of the time, etc.

The Supercrew (I think 2011 is VASTLY superior in all area's) is much more comfortable to drive. Longer wheelbase, more room, 4-doors vice the suicide doors and the best part -- the larger fuel tank that nets you damn near 500 miles on the highway.

I love my supercrew but was seriously talking just a few minutes ago to the roomie how I miss looking at the Supercab.

5305187500_ac098d4f4f_b.jpg

6059749725_049a2483b0_b.jpg

Next up for the crewcab I think is gonna be color matched bumpers and flares and a perch adjustment. I just can't decide on the paint work. I'm nervous!

HoW!!! :shocked: Those are SICK trucks! The pics of your threads are amazing:waytogo:

DTF-DEUCHER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of good info guys! I have driven the scab in the last barret-jackson and feels great, especially when I daily drive a lowered '96 mustang gt m/t :D It feels like a cloud! I have not yet driven a screw. I guess I could go to a dealer, but once they see I'm interested in the truck they won't let me go. I do want to go to take a close look at the screw. They had one at a dealer close to home, but I drove by today and its gone!
So, have you guys really felt any major difference in performance (off-roading, acceleration, braking)?

I've driven both and I'm not going to lie the scab is a little more agile and fits through tighter stuff... Power is the same to both one does not feel faste then the other... Through the ruff stuff is what I was afraid of as well getting a screw and im happy with it !!! It doesn't do anything it's not suppose to and goes through the woops nicer in my opinion then the scab !!!

But to jump this thing your foot has to get a little heavier, your balls bigger, and your rear hole will get tighter !!! Lol

OP
OP
B

bluedemon

Reaction score
But to jump this thing your foot has to get a little heavier, your balls bigger, and your rear hole will get tighter !!! Lol[/QUOTE]

:rockit:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In another one of my threads someplace, I was ranting and raving about how the 2011 Screw outperforms my old 2010 Scab. For those non-believers out there, through a highly non-scientific test -- I ran my buddy in his 2011 Crew against my 2010 Scab. I had an exhaust and he was completely stock. He blew my doors off, literally.

Now that I have the 2011 Crew with the mods in my sig, we ran again and I walked him. There HAS to be a definite performance difference or ECU tune between the YEARS...not models, since you're looking at 2011 only.
HoW!!! :shocked: Those are SICK trucks! The pics of your threads are amazing:waytogo:

Thanks man!