So I called the dealers in several states and they "Entitled/Holy-er than thou" up on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealers being the entitles ones.
Anyway, I found the preowned/pre-abused section so I'll poke around there. <big sigh>
Buying a used race truck feels like the same as buying a used dirt bike. It would be like marrying a 45 year old 2 dollar ******.
Who knows where the truck has been and what has been done to it.

You should change your name to "Black Cloud"
How bad could life be to say you want a Raptor?

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealers being the entitles ones.
Anyway, I found the preowned/pre-abused section so I'll poke around there. <big sigh>
Buying a used race truck feels like the same as buying a used dirt bike. It would be like marrying a 45 year old 2 dollar ******.

Haha....so you think the raptor is a race truck. [emoji23] And what's wrong with a used dirt bike? I bet you take yours in to get the oil changed huh!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Trooper Death

Trooper Death

Reaction score
Haha....so you think the raptor is a race truck. [emoji23] And what's wrong with a used dirt bike? I bet you take yours in to get the oil changed huh!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually your wrong. If the motor went **** up I'd end up having another motor to rebuild yuppy.

rbh224

Reaction score
It would be like marrying a 45 year old 2 dollar ******.

What if you married the 2 dollar ****** but paid under MSRP for her... let's say $1.00, is it ok then?

These GEN2 raptors are like 2 dollar hookers, they're already bottom dollar and they aint getting any cheaper. If you want a $1 dollar ****** get a Chevy.

Kathoga

Reaction score
I pretty much laughed out loud when one dealer when he told me 10k over MSRP.
72K MSRP + 10K markup + tx and Lic... 90K out the door for a V6 off road truck.??? While I am sure some doe eyed prospect will purchase it there so much better vehicles out there that can be purchased for less or upgrades added to a new F150.
Its not as if everyone will be ripping through the desert at 100mph in their new raptor... I am sure most Urban baja'ers will keep it on the asphalt with the occasional dirt road..
Don't get me wrong, I would like a 17 Raptor however not going to be one of the "Gotta Have it so bad" to pay that kind of $$$ for a glorified F150.
I have been the limited production route on multiple cars & trucks recently... however never paid over MSRP... and those vehicles were a lot more limited than a new 17 Raptor.
Time will tell... I find it hard to think that they will keep it limited for the entire run and dealerships have the Holy attitude that they are even talking to you.
I believe the asking price will soon fade away and MSRP or less will reveal itself in the future once they weed through the people that HAVE to have it now. I will look again 6-12 months.
Kudos to the dealers out there that aren't trying to **** the consumers... and congrats to you if you have one on order... Look forward to seeing one on the road in person.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I called the dealers in several states and they "Entitled/Holy-er than thou" up on me.
They acted like they were doing me a favor just talking to me about a purchase of three new Raptors. They also said the they are only allocated 30 for the year.
I refuse to stand in line to make a purchase like I'm at Walmart. I have also never paid suggested MSRP for anything.

I have looked at used ones but most have close to 100K on them an I don't want to buy something that someone else got the BEST! years out of it.

Ok, first, you see how many folks are standing in line for A Raptor? So getting 3, cheap. Baa Haa!!
Second, there are trucks that have not been mistreated. You go to a sale or dealer, yep, prolly don't know what ya gettin. Find a personal truck and talk to the person, you can get the feel of what has been done to the truck.
I can tell you, with my hand on a Bible, my truck is a Street Queen! The mud is why I have a Jeep and a Can Am. So if you want a 2014 Ruby Red supercrew Street Queen that just turned 25k, hit me up. But, I don't really wanna sell, so it is gonna take a very large bag full of 1000 dollar bills to get it! Found you a truck! Prolly many more like it here.

ultimatdjz

Reaction score
Hello there, i ws just reading about maybe you looking for a used one. I work at a Ford Dealership in WV. We ship all over the country via enclosed trailer. I do have a used 2014 in great shape. 32k miles. It was traded at my dealership and was not acquired or purchased at auction. here is a link:
http://www.rameyfordprinceton.com/u...10a0e0a1733aaeffa7a90b059.htm?searchDepth=1:1

if you're interested, you can message me or email me, [email protected] and i'd be happy to work with you on it!

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
This will pass in time, dealers that charge over MSRP should be penalized by Ford. Really how many people are spending 65K for a truck? Just got my 1-9 build date and dealer offered me 32K for 2011 supercrew with 66K miles.