So I called the dealers in several states and they "Entitled/Holy-er than thou" up on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trooper Death

Reaction score
So I called the dealers in several states and they "Entitled/Holy-er than thou" up on me.
They acted like they were doing me a favor just talking to me about a purchase of three new Raptors. They also said the they are only allocated 30 for the year.
I refuse to stand in line to make a purchase like I'm at Walmart. I have also never paid suggested MSRP for anything.

I have looked at used ones but most have close to 100K on them an I don't want to buy something that someone else got the BEST! years out of it.

Last edited:

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you're not buying a Raptor then? Now what - heading on over to the Toyota Forum? Have you looked at some of the Raptors For Sale threads here? Heard Chevy was coming out with a Raptor Killer......

OP
OP
Trooper Death

Trooper Death

Reaction score
So you're not buying a Raptor then? Now what - heading on over to the Toyota Forum? Have you looked at some of the Raptors For Sale threads here? Heard Chevy was coming out with a Raptor Killer......

I'm not a Toyota guy. I'm am still frustrated though.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to take some leg work to find a gen2 for under msrp. In some, if not most, areas msrp is a deal. You might be a it late to the party for the 17. I'd hold tight till you can order an 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do you need three raptors? Business fleet?
There are plenty of Gen 1 street queens under 100k miles. I wouldn't say the best years are out of them. More like working out the kinks. Quite a few of us have over 100k with no significant issues.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well you're a bit late to expect not to stand in line.

If you jumped over me I'd be smoking pissed.

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's the "entitled here you mention?" Plenty of street queens out there and with new technology vehicles can last 200K to 300K. If you are committed and do frame off restoration then the sky is the limit. Raptor is a one of a kind vehicle and there is nothing off the manufacturing line like it...yet. As mentioned there are other options out there if you can't wait and want it new and right now.

D

Deleted member 12951

Just get any other new F-150 of any flavor except the Raptor and you will get what you want, no lines and deals off MSRP plus rebates. Don't think dealers really care if they already know that they are going to sell every single raptor they get their hands on at MSRP or above. Your 3 orders means nothing to them nor would it to anyone else.

OP
OP
Trooper Death

Trooper Death

Reaction score
The dealers being the entitles ones.
Anyway, I found the preowned/pre-abused section so I'll poke around there. <big sigh>
Buying a used race truck feels like the same as buying a used dirt bike. It would be like marrying a 45 year old 2 dollar ******.
Who knows where the truck has been and what has been done to it.

Last edited: