Should I take a chance on this Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mayo's Hunt for a Raptor...Updated 8/1

I have found a 2010 Raptor with 150,000 miles on the 5.4l. I know that number is pretty scary, especially when buying an expensive truck. Seems like the truck has been well kept. Dealer is asking $25k, realistically i'd negotiate the price down close to $20k or below seeing how KBB has it listed for $22k.

I want to know your expert opinions on this. Should I take a chance or look for one with less miles on it. For the guys with higher miles how has the truck held up? Do the 5.4l last long? What would I need to look out for? Any input is appreciated.

Also here is the LINK

PS. Yes I know the truck is in Louisiana, not afraid to go out there, get it, and drive it back.

***UPDATE 8/1***
Truck I was looking at is no longer listed for sale. Post #24 starts talking about Raptors I have been looking at. Didn't want to start another thread or threads about ones I go and look at.

Last edited:

Smokinjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has been wrecked in the front based on the hood lines. Could be in for shock rebuild and other stuff. I will be in LA possibly next week if you want someone to look it over. I would get the VIN and ask Randy to run the service history and also get car fax report before I went any further.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it has been wrecked in the front based on the hood lines. Could be in for shock rebuild and other stuff. I will be in LA possibly next week if you want someone to look it over. I would get the VIN and ask Randy to run the service history and also get car fax report before I went any further.

I was actually just going to post about this as well, although I was thinking maybe it was in a rear end collision. What tipped me off was that the tail lights are the regular F150 lights and not Raptor ones.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I've had 5.4's that last well into the 300's with regular service and full synthetic. The problem you have is you don't know who the original owner was and how often they were servicing the truck and what fluids they were putting in. I would be hesitant just for the lights and hood alone, not to mention the high miles. The interior looks a lot better than I thought a 4 year old truck with 150,000 miles would look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the carfax came back good It would be a good spot to start a crazy build. The 5.4 is a great motor. I would bet it will last into the high 200's easy! Miles on the motor would be the least of my concerns.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The taillights are what get me, something seems off, the interior looks good though for that high of mileage. Honestly if its got a clean carfax etc, I would say buy it for 20 or less and replace suspension over time, do all preventative maintenance etc.

OP
OP
SVT_Mayo

SVT_Mayo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the hood is just popped open at the time of pictures. I'll give the dealer a call tomorrow and see if I can have a carfax sent to me. Ideally if it is a one owner I'd say he just hauled it everywhere for 4 years. Interior is really well kept which is a positive sign that the owner actually took care of their vehicle's. Looks like no one ever sat in the back seats either.

Last edited:

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just pulled the carfax and it's an one owner car. formatting will be off but here's the info:

08/25/2009 NICB Vehicle manufactured
and shipped to original dealer
09/10/2009 6 Jimmy Granger Ford Mercury
Stonewall, LA
318-925-3333
jimmygrangerford.com Vehicle offered for sale
09/11/2009 12 Jimmy Granger Ford Mercury
Stonewall, LA
318-925-3333
jimmygrangerford.com Vehicle serviced
12/02/2009 Jimmy Granger Ford Mercury
Stonewall, LA