Should I buy the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tksigzero

Reaction score
This was the demo I was testing.

Didn't lookall that squatty after all.......pulled fine. Just could feel the secondary effects of bumps from the tongue weight. Could have used a little less drop hitch too.

Attachments

• IMG_20180112_162004_01.jpg
    IMG_20180112_162004_01.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 145

Trailmaker

Off-road junky
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was the demo I was testing.

Didn't lookall that squatty after all.......pulled fine. Just could feel the secondary effects of bumps from the tongue weight. Could have used a little less drop hitch too.
I pull my RV and it is 7200lbs. I traded my ecoboost for this raptor with the 6.2 and the ecoboost was rated for more (10k) because the Raptors suspension. Coil over shocks will get you pretty close to that. But 5k is nothing. Especially with electric breaks.

Raptor in MS

Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor. I have seen all kinds of towing weight numbers. My Raptor is a supercab. I’ve seen towing limits of 6,000 lbs; 8,000 lbs and 10,000 lbs. Can someone tell me what the actual boat towing capacity is for the V6? It’s important as my boat and trailer weigh 7,500 lbs. thank you

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2018 Raptor. I have seen all kinds of towing weight numbers. My Raptor is a supercab. I’ve seen towing limits of 6,000 lbs; 8,000 lbs and 10,000 lbs. Can someone tell me what the actual boat towing capacity is for the V6? It’s important as my boat and trailer weigh 7,500 lbs. thank you

This is from the Raptor supplement of the F150 owners manual

9fbd789176f480346a072689b4385cda.jpg

Found here

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...Supplement-version-2_SU_EN_03_2019.pdf#page34

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G_Dawg

Reaction score
New member and first post! I'm ready to replace my current truck and the Raptor is really the only truck out there that doesn't feel like "just another truck" to me. My only concern, like others, is towing our boat. I do several day trips (about 50 miles each way) and one long tow (about 500 miles each way) during the summer. The boat is a 23 foot fiberglass IO open bow on a tandem axle trailer. The measured tongue weight is 390 pounds. Is anyone out there towing a similar load and how does the Gen 2 (I would likely be getting a 2019) handle it? With or without a weight distributing hitch? Too much sag with stock springs?

I know there are a lot of towing posts out there (and don't want to beat a dead horse), but really trying to get an apples to apples comparison and/or advice before spending the big $. Thanks in advance!

gtxracer

Reaction score
I regularly pull 6500-7000lbs with no problem. Best towing rig I've had and this includes a 2nd gen Dodge CTD 24v and a '02 Chevy 2500HD with 8.1L/Allison combo.

I've pulled from WA to SoCal 3 times and back with no issues. Holds 70 up the grades if I let it.

haiWZgvl.jpg

Rapty

Reaction score
Don’t buy a Raptor. Biggest POS on the market. 4 turbos, new engine, even replaced the valve covers as per Ford Engineers request. I told Ford after the last two turbos were replaced the cats were plugged because it had such restricted power. They ignored my request, 2 days later the catalytic converters literally blew out (see my other youtube video) because they were so plugged up and then they replaced them. And now they claim there is nothing wrong with the truck... This is what I am stuck with. My gen 1 Raptor best truck ever. Gen 2 worst truck out of the 14 Ford’s I’ve bought. The warranty is a joke, I get 2-4 weeks out of a turbo and now they are telling me there is nothing wrong with them. The truck has been into the dealership 16 times in 12 months. This truck has no mods, chips, exhaust etc. So sad Ford doesn’t stand behind their vehicles. Junk.