Should I buy the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really good question asked many times...but from my perspective, the answer essentially boils down to:

Assumption: If you are EVEN looking at a Raptor as an option, you already want one, so that case is closed, you are already 90% there.

2. Will the Raptor do what you need to do with it at a minimum (i.e. towing 8000lb no prob, seating capacity, etc.)? Yes/No? If no, you need MORE cowbell..…game over, thanks for playing, buy something bigger.

If Yes, proceed to question 3.

3. Can you (or are you WILLING to) afford a Raptor, all up, all in, wrapped costs (i.e. initial costs, pmt/interest, fuel, tires, maintenance, and MODS for gawd sake)? Yes/No?

If No, restructure search (and be brutally honest with yourself, it’s really ok NOT to do stupid and there of hundreds of places who give you lousy credit).

If Yes, proceed to question 4.

4. If you have a significant other, will the purchase of a Raptor damage this relationship? If yes....relationship over. Let me introduce you to your new Raptor.

Note:

a) Observe, I did not ask to "compare" the Raptor with any (read ANY) other vehicle with wheels. No other vehicle exists in this target class, stock from the factory, with a full factory warranty to compare to the Raptor at this or even close to this price point.

b) Any “I don’t know” in any category, don’t buy ANYTHING until you've done your homework.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

Actually if number 4 was Yes, for some guys, including myself, would cost a hell of a lot more than two fully loaded raptors. :)

OP
OP
6gun

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually if number 4 was Yes, for some guys, including myself, would cost a hell of a lot more than two fully loaded raptors. :)

My point exactly.

And I want to see a Raptor in your color in the flesh, everything I've seen in pics looks stunning.

D

Deleted member 12951

My point exactly.

And I want to see a Raptor in your color in the flesh, everything I've seen in pics looks stunning.

Yeah Ruby Red is something you need to see in person. I was on the fence of that color or Tuxedo. I went to a dealer who just had an F-150 in Ruby so I could see it. Once I saw it, wow!

Kinda like my White Platinum King Ranch, it looks really good up close.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well put. this should be a sticky. im getting tired of the apples to oranges should I get a raptor Q. I was in the same boat myself stuck between a raptor and a super duty but I was able to weigh it out myself.