Shipping Delays: Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted this in another thread, but it wanted to make sure it's read by the people it affects.

For those of you out there, that are waiting for the delivery of your new Raptor, below is the message my dealer sent to me, which was sent to him by one of Ford's shipping companies.

"Rail car shortages have slowed transit times during the early part of 2014. The shortages tend to be most severe in the first quarter of every year, due to higher industry volumes, inclement weather and transplant OEMs fiscal close. This year’s persistent extreme weather across most of the US and Canada has amplified the typical rail car shortages and affected all manufacturers."

Also...

"Dearborn Truck Plant (F150): There are 1,300 F150s awaiting shipment. Roughly half of the units will be shipped by this coming Monday, June 3rd. The remainder will be shipped in the next 30 days."

I know some people (myself as well) have been waiting on some sort of news about the shipping delays that Ford has been experiencing, so hopefully this helps a little bit.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't complained about waiting in this thread yet. So... waiting sux.