The search for a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the forum. I do realize there is a "classified" section in the forum for people looking to buy or sell parts and vehicles, but I wanted this to be more of a general question for people to look off of- so please don't bash me!

I am looking to find a 2010 Ford Raptor (SCAB) in blue or white with less than 40k miles and (yes I know this is probably a sin) I want the 5.4L engine as I just simply don't need the 6.2L. I have been doing research on these trucks for years and the time for me to be able to own one is here- IF i can find it for the right price.

I am all about getting a great deal- a good deal just won't totally do it for me and I honestly wouldn't be able to justify owning the vehicle unless I could acquire it for a "great deal".

Here is where I need the experts and fellow enthusiasts help:

I believe, after doing research, that a great deal on this vehicle would be around the $33,000-$34,000 area. I just saw one recently with 17xxx miles go for $33,900 out of Covington, GA.

-Nav system is a plus, but not a must. I would prefer there to be a bed liner as well.

Please let me know what you guys think and if I even have a decent shot at finding one for this price (Haven't seen anything for a few weeks to be honest). I hope to own one by June!

Thanks for any and all help.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome! I know of someone that was trying to sell a 2010 white 5.4L Scab but we talked him out if it haha. Best year! I'm not parting with mine. Good luck!

Last edited:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I owned that vehicle, I won't sell it for less than $33,900. That sounds like a good deal with only 17k miles on it. Good luck finding one for less. These vehicles are in too high of a demand right now to go for less than that. I had a friend who just sold his 2010, 6.2 for 43k and it had 22k miles on it. Again, good luck.

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Afternoon...$34K a good deal as long as it does not "crab" down the road!

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
evening....Fred is right. it may be a low price for a reason. be careful when buying a used one. check the bed/cab alignment and watch out for leaky shocks, etc....

OP
OP
jbrichmond

jbrichmond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies! Yeah I am going to keep that in mind with the whole bed and cab alignment. Could you define the "crab"? Distance is no issue- it can be anywhere in the contiguous US!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

2010 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $34,981 - Cars.com

Let me know what you think of this...

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all the replies! Yeah I am going to keep that in mind with the whole bed and cab alignment. Could you define the "crab"? Distance is no issue- it can be anywhere in the contiguous US!

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

2010 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, $34,981 - Cars.com

Let me know what you think of this...
"Crabbing" or "dog walk" is when it looks like your car is going sideways while driving down the road...usually a sign of an extremely unaligned vehicle, bad leaf springs, or dare I say it, something bent...

Truck doesn't look bad from the pictures...I did see that the dealer says it is "off road ready"...

Do your homework as you have no warranty to fall back on...

So if you could get a new 2012 or 2013 SCAB with no NAV for let's say $47k and a 2010 with 40k miles for $35K...I would be hard pressed to go for the 2010...IMHO

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's amazing how these hold their value. You can get a 2013 base SCAB out the door (at invoice) for ~41.5K or one with 801A with Front/Rear camera option for ~46K. I know you don't want to spend that kind of money but you get an idea of how well they're holding their value.