Rusted shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cole9156

Reaction score
Looking at a 12 screw but the shocks have rust on them. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 115

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where I live I'd be horrified but after seeing shocks from trucks in the rust belt that's not terribly bad. They may be in need of a rebuild anyway so you could clean them up or see if you can swap them out in the shock exchange program, just disclose their condition.

OP
OP
C

Cole9156

Reaction score
Where I live I'd be horrified but after seeing shocks from trucks in the rust belt that's not terribly bad. They may be in need of a rebuild anyway so you could clean them up or see if you can swap them out in the shock exchange program, just disclose their condition.

The truck is being sold in Florida. It's listed as a corporate vehicle on carfax that traveled back and forth between Florida and Pennsylvania. 93k miles. Don't know if they've been rebuilt.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The truck is being sold in Florida. It's listed as a corporate vehicle on carfax that traveled back and forth between Florida and Pennsylvania. 93k miles. Don't know if they've been rebuilt.
I'd bet they've never been rebuilt and are long overdue. Ford recommends they be rebuilt at 50k miles of street use alone. I'd ask dealer to rebuild or reduce price to cover rebuilding them.

OP
OP
C

Cole9156

Reaction score
I'd bet they've never been rebuilt and are long overdue. Ford recommends they be rebuilt at 50k miles of street use alone. I'd ask dealer to rebuild or reduce price to cover rebuilding them.

Which shock exchange program do you recommend?