To Roush or not to Roush?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealer called me up saying they could get me into a new 2014 for a sweet deal. I told them that I wasn't really interested (I have a 2012) unless they could get me into a Roush without changing my payments. I didn't take it seriously, but hey, I have nothing to lose.

Then, thing got serious. They're making it happen. So I have a decision to make - enter into a new loan at the same $$$ or just stick with my 2012. I'm having an extremely hard time resisting the Roush and I'm pretty sure everyone will say get it (that's what I'd tell someone). This is the same truck as I have now in regards to color, lack of stickers, options, etc.

So, a few questions. I have a 40" lightbar behind the grill and the hidden SDHQ winch setup. Is the Roush setup going to interfere with those goodies? Part of the deal is that I get to keep my existing mods.

I've read many of the Roush posts here already, so I'm not looking to rehash too much, but I'm just trying to make sure I'm educated. I hadn't taken this possibility seriously until a couple hours ago. I'm getting kind of excited.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go for it. I love my Roush supcharger. I also have a 40" lightbar behind the grill. Everything will fit, but you might have to relocate the charger's cooler with the hidden winch mount. I moved mine up above the lightbar.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got some more negotiating with them to do, but I'm thinking it's more likely than not that I'll pull the trigger. I just have to not LOOK super excited.
I'm torn on if I should keep my Duratracs with ~5,000 miles on them or just keep the stock brand new BFGs.

horak24

Reaction score
roush

Either you have good equity in your truck and they are willing to drop their price or I cant see how a truck that costs around 15 to 18 k more will be the same payment? Otherwise why not do it, my friend just bought one and traded his 12 and of course he has not looked back yet. good luck.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Either you have good equity in your truck and they are willing to drop their price or I cant see how a truck that costs around 15 to 18 k more will be the same payment? Otherwise why not do it, my friend just bought one and traded his 12 and of course he has not looked back yet. good luck.
Combination of everything I suppose. They're willing to deal a bit, I have decent equity, etc. Obviously my payment schedule starts over, so that's a con.

They're going to make their money. They'll make money reselling my truck, they'll make money on me buying the new truck (I can't get the sticker below MSRP with them, but that doesn't matter much when the rest of the math is in my favor). I'd rather get the good deal on my trade-in than haggle over MSRP.

Regardless, with a little more negotiation I should be sitting right about the same payment, new loan, keep my mods, and go to a Roush. Unless this falls apart somehow, it's sounding pretty sweet. :pepper:

Kicker is the wife (who'll probably say "why haven't you bought it yet"?) is in friggen Malawi for work and I haven't been able to update her yet. I don't feel right pulling the trigger on this without her input. That, and I'm worried about not hearing from her for over a day.

horak24

Reaction score
roush

Kicker is the wife (who'll probably say "why haven't you bought it yet"?) is in friggen Malawi for work and I haven't been able to update her yet. I don't feel right pulling the trigger on this without her input. That, and I'm worried about not hearing from her for over a day.

this is the most important part too, hope you hear from her soon.

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score

this is the most important part too, hope you hear from her soon.

Just heard from a co-worker there with her and everything is fine. The internet is down. That happens ALL the time there. That's what I figured - she's been there before and this has happened before. Still, ya worry.

970Co

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same payment... watch the term of your loan.

I bought a 2014 Roush and it is way faster than my 2011 N/A. I drove a Whipple Charged truck and that truck is way faster than my Roush. So point is if you want a super charger consider a Whipple, if you can just buy one. If the way you're going to get a super charger is to finance, watch the loan term. Good luck... Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown.