Reasonable price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello

I was hoping the community might be able to help me. I am looking at a 2014 Raptor, used with 12,000 miles.

The dealership is asking $55k for it. I feel this is high. Looking a KBB, the trade in value is $47k, and the auction value is $44k. Thus, I would expect this truck to be no more than $50k. Am I right that the asking price is high?

It is unmodded, crew cab.

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MSRP shouldn't impact. Only options, year, and miles. My numbers from kbb are based on the actual truck.

D

Deleted member 12951

If MSRP was $60k then $55k might be in line in your area especially if they are marking new over MSRP.

So yeah, MSRP does have a play. Raptor resale is not like most vehicles and KBB is a joke. And besides KBB doesn't have a 2014 raptor listed yet so not sure what you are looking up, perhaps a 2013 or older?

Last edited by a moderator:

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If MSRP was $60k then $55k might be in line in your area especially if they are marking new over MSRP.

So yeah, MSRP does have a play. Raptor resale is not like most vehicles and KBB is a joke.

^^ What he said!

D

Deleted member 12951

I have a 2014 with about 9k miles and I got it less than MSRP but I would not even sell it at MSRP if someone even offered.

If the one they are selling had a MSRP of $59k then I would say a reasonable price between $53-$54k for it but they will probably just let you walk.

Local dealer has a 2013 with about 30k miles and is asking $51,900. Just research resale on these, you will see.