Raptor for the Wife's daily driver??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtcatsfan

Reaction score
My wife currently drives a Mustang in the summer and a Chrysler Aspen SUV in the winter. She's ready to ditch the SUV for a pickup since our kid's a bit older. She fell in love with the Raptor Screw when she saw it online and that's GREAT as far as I'm concerned, because I'll get to drive it in the summers.

I'm wondering if anyone else has a Raptor that their wife or GF is using as a DD/ kid hauler. If so, do they like driving it? Any input on how the Raptor functions as a "family ride" would be greatly appreciated.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Yea shes got different cars depending on the weather, and your stuck with a company truck that isn't even awesome? I think you need to get in on that raptor deal with her

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well my GF drives my truck a lot when shes in Tulsa. I am usually in the passenger seat but once when her car was at the stealership for some work she had it for a day. She said that it makes her want to run everyone over and that she felt like a BAMF!!! It makes her feel so good and LOVES to drive it. Other than the width thats the only issue. Also she knows that the truck parks away from others due to stupid people and door dings.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also she knows that the truck parks away from others due to stupid people and door dings.

Some learn faster than others... But rep for that shit right there. Mine knows damn sure to park far and walk.

Oh and as far as a daily driver for the wifey... Uhh is my only answer. Its too big for her IPO. Get her a Tahoe or something like that. She may like it but shes gonna hate it when she has to park miles away and walk cause it cant fit, and its not necessary to have a 4X4 off road SVT vehicle personally.

The Raptor is my daily driver but im 18.. not sure how it would apply to a family.

Last edited:

BWMEEKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife currently drives a Mustang in the summer and a Chrysler Aspen SUV in the winter. She's ready to ditch the SUV for a pickup since our kid's a bit older. She fell in love with the Raptor Screw when she saw it online and that's GREAT as far as I'm concerned, because I'll get to drive it in the summers.

I'm wondering if anyone else has a Raptor that their wife or GF is using as a DD/ kid hauler. If so, do they like driving it? Any input on how the Raptor functions as a "family ride" would be greatly appreciated.

No experience here (yet), however, in my extensive online reseaarch I feel that the SCREW will be a great Family vehicle based on what I read about safety, room, functionality, room. Plus with this vehicle you can count on your kids NOT asking you to drop them off a block away due to embarrassment; they'll wanna show this badboy off (at least with my kids anyway). Hope this helped at least a little.

OP
OP
M

mtcatsfan

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input so far.

She's used to a big vehicle as the Aspen isn't exactly small, and we had an F150 King Ranch screw before that. Also used to parking far away (to avoid the door dings). Since she has a Mustang GT with mods for a summer car, she likes to go fast and is used to having plenty of power.

It will see some offroad time as her dad is a rancher and she likes to go out checking on cows and the farm with him (we're in Montana)

I'm more concerned about the room in the back seat and saftey features for the kiddo. Since there isn't much mention of those on the website.

Just want to make sure I'm not getting her something she'll hate compared to a regular F150 screw. We're going back to a pickup either way and I know I'd rather have the Raptor!

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input so far.

She's used to a big vehicle as the Aspen isn't exactly small, and we had an F150 King Ranch screw before that. Also used to parking far away (to avoid the door dings). Since she has a Mustang GT with mods for a summer car, she likes to go fast and is used to having plenty of power.

It will see some offroad time as her dad is a rancher and she likes to go out checking on cows and the farm with him (we're in Montana)

I'm more concerned about the room in the back seat and saftey features for the kiddo. Since there isn't much mention of those on the website.

Just want to make sure I'm not getting her something she'll hate compared to a regular F150 screw. We're going back to a pickup either way and I know I'd rather have the Raptor!

Well if you are going to get a pickup why not get a raptor? if you get a Screw then the kids should have lots of room. Just think its the same cab as a regular F-150. The fender flares and drive train are a little different.