Raptor Shipping Delays

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have their new Raptor sitting at the rail yard in Melvindale Michigan? I'm trying to get some sort of idea when they plan to start moving. Mine's been sitting in Melvindale since 5/13. No big deal, I'm just trying to see if anyone has any other info as far as when they plan on shipping.

nh rapta owner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have their new Raptor sitting at the rail yard in Melvindale Michigan? I'm trying to get some sort of idea when they plan to start moving. Mine's been sitting in Melvindale since 5/13. No big deal, I'm just trying to see if anyone has any other info as far as when they plan on shipping.

I know a guy with build date of may 19th from boston area and its in ny on a train

Reaction score
Mine was built 5/23/14 with an original ETA of 6/25/14 to my dealer.

I called the SVT/Ford Customer Relations number and spoke with a Representative who told me the ETA has been bumped up to 6/06/14. I didn't ask the exact location of the truck but the Representative put me on hold to verify the new ETA with his manager and said it's legit.

From what I've been seeing a lot of ETAs have been bumped up by roughly two weeks.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shipping can be finicky, mine sat in a local railyard for almost 2 weeks.

(2013 scab, Jan 2013 delivery)

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was built 5/23/14 with an original ETA of 6/25/14 to my dealer.

I called the SVT/Ford Customer Relations number and spoke with a Representative who told me the ETA has been bumped up to 6/06/14. I didn't ask the exact location of the truck but the Representative put me on hold to verify the new ETA with his manager and said it's legit.

From what I've been seeing a lot of ETAs have been bumped up by roughly two weeks.

Thanks for the info. My biggest thing is trying to book my flight, somewhat in advance. I'm flying out to St. Louis to pick mine up, so I want to be a little proactive about scheduling. Waiting SUCKS!

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Waiting SUCKS!

Aint that the truth.

I spoke w/ SVT recently. My truck was produced May 17. They said that on May 28 it was released from plant and was waiting shipment. There is no projected arrival date for vehicle.

WTF can't they get it on the train/truck/whatever and get it out here already?

johndjmix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What info do I need to see where my truck is at in the process. My salesman gave me this order number "W059". Is that the number I need to track it or is there something else?

--John

OP
OP
SVT Bob18

SVT Bob18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What info do I need to see where my truck is at in the process. My salesman gave me this order number "W059". Is that the number I need to track it or is there something else?

--John

You need your order number and the dealer code. If you have a VIN number, that works too. Call SVT and give them that information and they can tell you your status.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Aint that the truth.

I spoke w/ SVT recently. My truck was produced May 17. They said that on May 28 it was released from plant and was waiting shipment. There is no projected arrival date for vehicle.

WTF can't they get it on the train/truck/whatever and get it out here already?

I just got an email from my dealer and he forwarded a message that he received from Ford's shipping company. It says:

"Rail car shortages have slowed transit times during the early part of 2014. The shortages tend to be most severe in the first quarter of every year, due to higher industry volumes, inclement weather and transplant OEMs fiscal close. This year’s persistent extreme weather across most of the US and Canada has amplified the typical rail car shortages and affected all manufacturers."

As far as shipping goes, it went on to say this:

"Dearborn Truck Plant (F150): There are 1,300 F150s awaiting shipment. Roughly half of the units will be shipped by this coming Monday, June 3rd. The remainder will be shipped in the next 30 days."

Sooooo, it looks like if anyone's Raptor has been built, it could ship Monday or up to 30 days from now. Kind of a good news / bad news situation. I hope everyone is on the good news side.