Raptor right for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JustBillin

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Everybody!

I really like the way the SCAB looks. The overall vehicle width might be a challenge for my urban adventures though. I’ve seen a gazillion Raptors in South Florida, so Tennessee should be a piece of cake. I would rather have a F150 that is shorter in length even if it is 7 inches wider.

rmschaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can swing it get it. Too many pluses to list, ride being one of them. I have had mine, '10 since spring and love everything about it. Expect higher costs maintenance and gas wise awful mpg but the trade off is ... well AWESOME!!!!

Gumart1

Reaction score
I drove mine from Chicago to Seattle and back and couldn't have been more comfortable. And that is coming from being a Lexus owner for 10+ years. I was also concerned how I'd do with such a wide truck but after awhile it becomes second nature and now just feels like a car and can out maneuver most of the drivers out there with their heads up their $%#%!

abiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only vehicle I have ever driven 17 hrs+ and didn't feel like I'd been beat up somewhere along the trip. You will not regret buying one if highway road quality is your goal. Bonus - if you see some dirt road that you've never been down and wanna see where it goes, just take it. Chances are you won't encounter anything you can't traverse.....

Tip - although stock these trucks ride great, consider upgrading the rear springs with an aftermarket set (Deavers, WSI, etc). The ride and handling quality is doubled with a good set of springs. Can't believe Ford didn't at least offer a spring upgrade on these things, but at least the aftermarket has a solution......

I agree. The truck has very comfortable seats, and I also have no issue doing extensive long drives.

MIAMIRAPTA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually a problem how comfortable they are for road trips... I always insist on driving it over other options and it's resulted in a few too many miles on the odometer.

So far I think I've been to every corner of Florida, driven up to Michigan on 4 separate occasions, and made a few stops in PA, NYC, and Toronto.

I did lose a muffler at Silver Lake in MI on one trip and decided to drive back to FL with no exhaust... can't say I entirely recommend that.

Last edited:

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As if I needed more reasons to obsess over one day owning a Raptor, I had to go and read this thread.

FML

Whatever you do, don't even think about driving one. They're awful. :ROFLJest:

JK. It'll leave you wanting to buy one. I once drove a C5 vette around a track in Vegas shortly after they came out. I wasn't anywhere near a position to buy one at the time. Back then, I was driving my 4 cylinder Altima. Getting back into the Altima(it's ok, you can laugh. I still own it) after driving the Vette was torture. :Pshyco: