Raptor questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I'm seriously considering a Raptor SuperCrew. I'm currently driving a '02 F250 CrewCab 7.3 Diesel. It's been a great truck since day 1, but I'm looking for a change. Started shopping about a month ago, looking at all brands. I got it narrowed down to the Tundra CrewMax Rock Warrior, a F150 SuperCrew FX4, and then there's the Raptor SuperCrew. The Raptor is on a whole different level, and has really ruined it for me to choose the Tundra or FX4. I'm sure I could buy one of those trucks, save money and go about my life, but this damn Raptor just really draws me in! My dealer will sell me a Raptor SuperCrew with the Luxury pkg, Plus pkg, and Moonroof for $45,798 before TTL. I computed the sticker to be $49,070, and the invoice to be $44,131. So I think this is a good deal considering that there are no incentives for this truck, yes or no? He will try to locate one, or order it. Ok, questions: I will use this truck as a daily driver, probably 17k-20k miles per year. Will this truck serve me well for that purpose? Obviously, I know that the 6.2 will suck some gas, but I think it won't be much worse than the 13-15mpg that I get now with my diesel. I will go off-road also, but in all honesty, I don't plan to jump it or rip on it too hard. I have a KTM for jumping, and a R1 for ripping! Anyway, I just really like the look that sets it apart from all the other F150s out there! Any comments or opinions? I'd like to hear from others what they were driving previously, and if they're still glad they got the Raptor. Thanks everyone, great forum here! BTW, I did test drive a SuperCab Raptor with the 6.2, and it was just awesome, but I have yet to see a SuperCrew in person yet.

Last edited:

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Welcome PEZ! I use to own a 2001 F150 screw Lariat and loved it but this thing doesn't even compare.
I highly recommend a Raptor to anyone. I use mine as a daily driver put about 12k to 15k per year.
I personally think thats a good price but you may want to talk to HARLEY6LF250SDU.
I also have a R6 for my ripping. Again welcome.

brinkwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome PEZ, yes the Raptor is the truck in the 150 range and nothing really touches it. Just remember it is not a 3/4 ton truck with a diesel when it comes time to pull something heavy. Other than that you can't go wrong with a Raptor!!!

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
If the payload and towing fit your needs you won't have any regrets with the Raptor. I have had Rangers, F150's, F350's, Lightnings, and currently a Tacoma. Bought the Tacoma new in 06 and am ready for a change. I looked at everything out there from Toyota, Nissan, Chev, and even Dodge. I was drawn to the Raptor for it unique looks first and then it's ability. Like you I won't likely be pressing the limits of the truck and it will be my daily driver. Nothing I looked at measured up. Placed my order on 1/8 and anxiously waiting for a March/April delivery.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey PEZ :welcome:

I have a 6.2 SCab and couldn't possibly be happier. This truck has exceeded my expectations both as a daily driver and an offroader. Somebody used the term "luxury pre-runner" and that's exactly what these things are. They are very capable and very comfortable at the same time. I don't take it easy on mine at all.... Its a daily driver (13,000 miles in 9 months), it does some light-duty on the jobsites during the week, and owns the desert on the weekends. I almost bought a Rock Warrior for the same purposes before the Raptor came out and I thank my lucky stars that I didn't. I have never ever felt as emotionally attatched to a vehicle as I am with my Raptor and I've owned a few nice ones along the way. Hope this helps. I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing pics of you in a SCrew before too long. Once the Raptor bug has bitten you, the addiction manifests and grows.

robmax72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey PEZ :welcome:

I have a 6.2 SCab and couldn't possibly be happier. This truck has exceeded my expectations both as a daily driver and an offroader. Somebody used the term "luxury pre-runner" and that's exactly what these things are. They are very capable and very comfortable at the same time. I don't take it easy on mine at all.... Its a daily driver (13,000 miles in 9 months), it does some light-duty on the jobsites during the week, and owns the desert on the weekends. I almost bought a Rock Warrior for the same purposes before the Raptor came out and I thank my lucky stars that I didn't. I have never ever felt as emotionally attatched to a vehicle as I am with my Raptor and I've owned a few nice ones along the way. Hope this helps. I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing pics of you in a SCrew before too long. Once the Raptor bug has bitten you, the addiction manifests and grows.

You know bo, yours is really clean in those pictures of yours. hmmmmmmmmm

warrior

Your Wife's Personal Trainer
Reaction score
I own a Screw with 500 miles and a week old, so far this could be the best truck Ive owned, past trucks have been a Dodge power Wagon, Chevy SS, and 4 other Chevs. The power is awesome, mileage is 12(not broken in), and it drives small, interior is first class, and gadgets galore. You wont be disappointed !

iceman302

Full Throttle OG
Reaction score
Welcome, PEZ! My silver SCrew should be here next week. Its optioned similarly to what you're looking into but I'd suggest looking closely at the NAV and all the fun-ctionality that it adds. It really brings some cool toys with it... 10 GB jukebox, voice activated control (NAV, music, climate control), real time traffic/sports, full screen back up camera, etc. There are a few people here who regret not springing for the NAV but no one that wishes they hadn't ordered it.

Last edited: