Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > Ford Raptor Forums - General Information > Prospective Raptor Owners
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Prospective Raptor Owners

Raptor lifestyle concerns

This is a discussion on Raptor lifestyle concerns within the Prospective Raptor Owners forums, part of the Ford Raptor Forums - General Information category!
Dude 17-18 f-250 platinum for dayzzzzz...

User Tag List

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2017, 06:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Dude 17-18 f-250 platinum for dayzzzzz

mcote1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:13 PM   #22 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Originally Posted by mcote1 View Post
Dude 17-18 f-250 platinum for dayzzzzz
If you're gonna go Super Duty spend a few more bucks for the F-350 and you'll never have to be concerned about towing most anything. Great value for not much more than the F-250

2017 Magnetic SuperCrew Cab 802a; Raptor Tech Pkg w/Adaptive Cruise; 17" Forged Aluminum (Beadlock) Wheels; 2nd Row Heated Seats; Moonroof; Tailgate Step; Exterior & Hood Graphics Pkgs (both removed); Carbon Fiber Pkg; Engine Block Heater. Added: new V1; BlendMount; XPEL Ultimate & Stealth Film; Tinted Front Windows; BedRug, Roll-N-Lock A-Series bed cover
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #23 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

(Thread Starter)
So the consensus is stick with a one ton truck. My back thanks you.

I didn’t think it was going to be that hard on the truck. 7220 pounds is within the factory spec and the power train in the same as a regular 150 that is rated for 11500. I figured airbags or something might be helpful.

Oh well, can’t have everything.
Salty4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

(Thread Starter)
Does anyone near palm beach county have a raptor thatís willing to hook up and give it a try. Thereís a fishing trip in it for ya
Salty4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:38 PM   #25 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 534 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)

Just buy one already. It's gonna be fine and will work for 90% of what you need it for. Great advertising tool. Just use the smaller boat more, and find a dock for the bigger boat so you don't have to haul it.

Gen1 guys are so damn smart.......

You're welcome!!!
2014RubyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:37 PM   #26 (permalink)

For that much weight i would feel a lot better about a 3/4 or 1 ton. Ive got a Carli suspension on my 250 and its a great suspension. It doesn't ride like the raptor but its more than capable off road, really softens things on road and tows better than ever. Check the Carli out, they offer ford and dodge suspensions/lifts with fox or king shocks, its all first class.

If that doesn't do anything for you then i totally second the idea of getting the Raptor for everything you want but dock the center console if you can. My 250 is on borrowed time because of how much i like the raptor in the short time ive had it.
SuperAwesomeNinjaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:19 AM   #27 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I had a 2015 Power Wagon. Do not for one second assume it can tow or haul like a regular 3/4 ton truck. It suffers from a very soft suspension and isn't worth a shit for hauling anything. The 6.4 motor actually delivered pretty good daily mpg at 15 compared to my 5.4 Raptor getting 16 under the same conditions. The trans programming is horrible, shifts constantly looking for mpg. The quality was pretty poor. Took a bath to get rid of it, I don't recommend it.

I am with the rest, get an F250 or 350. Spend a little for wheels and tires to set it apart and go about your business. The Raptor is a much better toy than workhorse. Could it do it? I suspect it could but that doesn't make it a good idea.
Jimster58 likes this.

Old 11-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #28 (permalink)

FRF Addict

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Snowsled View Post
The Raptor is a much better toy than workhorse. Could it do it? I suspect it could but that doesn't make it a good idea.
^^^This.

The "Beach Buggy"
Join....
Frank N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:39 PM   #29 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Speaking as an 250 owner who still wants a Raptor, I wouldn't get the Raptor to tow on a regular basis. I hope to own both one day, but for now I spent way less money on a brand new 2016 F250 I found on a back lot a few months ago. They are still out there, use cars.com. If you get the 2017, you get the same interior as the Raptor. I just liked the older interior better.

Im going to change the suspension to adjustable Icons, that way I can stiffen it up when I tow or haul and loosen it up for comfort otherwise. The interior is plenty comfortable, its just the shocks that need help.

As others said, the 350 is a better choice than the 250 for the heavier leaf springs and the bigger tow block.

@fogcitysurfer
Fogcitysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I agree with superawesomenijacowboy (great name btw lol) A 3/4 ton Carli equipped truck sounds like the ticket.

Of course these systems are top of the line and cost quite a bit Carli does options for everyone's needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6TwESR1GoU

CUSTOMWHEELS4U is offline   Reply With Quote