Raptor deployed as a street machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^^Turning radius on the Raptor is very tight - tighter than that on my two previous trucks which were much smaller vehicles. I bet that Raptors turn tighter than Tundras.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
^^^Turning radius on the Raptor is very tight - tighter than that on my two previous trucks which were much smaller vehicles. I bet that Raptors turn tighter than Tundras.

The turning radius really is good with stock wheels and tires. But that goes away once you add a lower offset wheel :biggrin:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whoa! I didn't know that! Good to know.
It's sure a good reason to save the money and stick with the factory wheels and tire size.

It's not terrible, but there is a noticeable difference. That said, it's worth the trade-off for the looks.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Found a used 2013 to test drive.

I thought the ride was very nice.

The extra 6" of width comes from the bulbous fenders. Which is what gives it that macho look and covers the wider track and tires.

I thought the exhaust noise was rather loud. Too loud for my tastes. Don't know if the original owner had modified the mufflers. The Gen2s are of course a completely different story.

I have a 2005 4 door Tundra. I'm relatively accustomed to driving large trucks. Biggest complaint about the Tundra is parking. Its a PIA, especially in places like the **** Depot parking lot. I actually have another car to use when I know I'm not going to need the Tundra, but inevitably I find myself parking the beast in difficult places.

Several people have told me that my generation of Tundra was turning circle challenged. I've driven a couple F-150s and seat of the pants, they don't seem much better.

A new truck of course is going to have all those cameras. That will definitely help.

It is difficult to convince the dealers to give you a test drive on a new one. None of the local guys even have any inventory, and if they did, every homeboy in the next six counties would be by for a test/joy ride.

Driving the gen1 I think is a good analogue. It is quite a large beast. Trying to convince myself that's the driving experience I want.
Having driven both I can vouch for the fact that its similar. Gen2 does all the things a Gen1 does but its a little more refined at them. Also it does seem like the shock valving is initially softer on the G2. So you get a little more body roll. If you liked the way the 13 drove you'll like the 18.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk