Raptor deployed as a street machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big

Reaction score
Couldn't get the forum search to work. This may be a duplicate. My apologies.

Interested in the Raptor for the engine and those Macho good looks. Unlikely it will ever be used off road much.

Seeking opinions re: on road driveability. In particular the impact of the extra width and on-road ride quality.

Some of the off road trucks (Tacoma TRD for example) I've been in have a harsh on-road ride. I don't require a Cadillac smooth ride, but don't want to knock my kidneys loose every time I go over a bump either.

And the Raptor is 6 inches wider than the already wide F-150. But its hard to tell where that's measured. And what is really wider. Certainly the wheel track, but not the mirrors. Lots of places on the web report it is a wide beast. It will be used for picking up stuff at The Home Depot (narrow, straight in parking) and I don't want a big parking hassle.

I'm sure this will elicit a variety of opinions. I'd like to hear them.

big

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a pavement pounder and I describe the raptor ride as riding on a king sized waterbed
Perfection

mcallister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My gen 1 I had was amazing on the street. The best way I could describe it was that it rode like a Cadillac and handled like a sports car. I’m assuming the gen 2 is just as good or better. I guess I’ll find out in a few weeks when mine comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a super (A+) well engineered machine even when driving on asphalt. Urban hooliganism, citations, and certainly many smiles from a heavy right foot can easily happen with all the power and technology these things have. I let a “Chevy” guy I know who also owns an Escalade and a H1 Hummer drive my 2018 SCAB, and he told me that he was definitely “envious” of the me…HAHA!

The size can be an issue when parking, but I just park far away as possible and consider that the “cardio” that my doctor is always bugging me about since I’m middle aged!

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a wide beast to park with little room on either side of the white lives.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Power, handling and comfort. Pain in the butt to park especially in SoCal.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The only part of the Raptor that is wider than a standard F-150 is the tires and wheel wells. It has the same cab dimensions as the F-150 and the mirrors are also standard width. It is no more difficult to manage in a parking lot than any other full size pickup.

As for the ride, it is Cadillac smooth and quiet. Feels more like a luxury SUV than a pickup.